To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Salesforce Industries is building a cloud operations team to run its applications in AWS. To run our application stack, we are looking to add a Database expert to the team. If you enjoy architecting, optimizing, and running highly performant databases this role is for you.
- Define database physical and logical structure, functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Define and implement database schema and configurations working with our development teams
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving application problems, tuning of DB queries, implementation of stored procedures, conducting performance tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Working with development team design and implement reporting capabilities
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems
- Be on call for DB related issues
- 10+ years hands on Postgres experience
- Experience working with DB services provided by public cloud (e.g. RDS, DynamoDB)
- Proven work experience as a Technical Database Architect or similar role
- Experience in large scale database migrations
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing application requirements
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, able to communicate concepts to both technical and nontechnical audience
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams while thriving in a fast-paced growing company
- A critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills
Desired Certifications / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related technology field. Master's Degree is preferred
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.