To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob Details
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those
who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers.
Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an
industry, and their company. We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and
discover a future of new opportunities.
Salesforce is seeking a Director of Business Technology (BT) Risk Management and Compliance focused on BT governance, risk management, and compliance program. This role will lead BT's risk management function supporting the leadership team in developing, executing, and leading BT's compliance program. This role will oversee multiple initiatives from start to finish specifically responsible for establishing BT’s strategy and accelerating business growth by judiciously integrating M&A ITGCs into BT’s existing processes as well as driving the implementation of solutions across future acquisitions.
This person will have broad exposure to the operations of the Company, interacting with leaders across Business Technology, Finance, Legal, Security GRC, and with our external auditors and advisors. This individual must possess the skills to understand business processes, assess the control environment, advise on process improvements, and champion best practices. This role provides leadership and strategic direction for the BT Compliance team and IT SOX Program liaising closely with other leaders (Manager to C-suite) throughout the Company. This is an opportunity to have a visible impact on the organization and will require strong project management skills, clear communication, and the ability to bring various contributors together to achieve a combined goal.
In coordination with Sr. Leadership, this role will support setting and executing the strategic direction for the BT SOX program and compliance team, ranging from planning and budgeting to motivational and promotional activities expounding the value of SOX. In this role, you will leverage strategic thinking while driving tactical efforts to keep the company compliant and safe. An ideal candidate for this role will require a high degree of integrity, a strong ability to maintain confidentiality, and excellent partnering skills.
- Analyze business objectives and regulatory requirements to anticipate changes and implement key initiatives/projects to reduce IT risk with an enterprise-wide mindset
- Act as the "go-to" person for internal controls within the broader enterprise and provide reliable insight for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on defining information security requirements and implementing policies as well as support BT’s acceptance and adherence to policy requirements
- Routinely update executive management and prepare audit committee materials, highlighting overall BT risk management progress, compliance risks and recommendations for future enhancements
- Build and lead a team of FTEs/contingent workers, mentoring and developing the team for success
- Critically evaluate the current suite of BT SOX controls and recommend ways to rationalize, optimize and automate controls through the development and implementation of a Common Controls Framework (CCF)
- Partner with BT control owners on deficiency root cause analysis and determination of sufficient remediation action plans
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness, and identifiable benefits to the company
- Integrate with relevant BT projects to provide guidance, related control implications and signoff
- Provide regular reporting to senior management regarding control performance, findings and recommendations
- Advise on the development of routine training to the control owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX program, control design, and impact of control(s) on the Salesforce environment and institutionalize strong internal controls
- Oversee the team coordinating between BT process owners and external auditors, including alignment on SOX planning, walkthroughs, testing, audit requests, and deficiency evaluation
Key Leadership Qualities:
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to translate details into bigger picture implications driving the business forward, challenging the status quo. Understands industry, market, and organizational dynamics with the intellectual horse-power to handle growing complexity and ambiguity. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Innovate for Growth: Always thinking about how to make improvements. Able to implement changes that map to business strategy. Stays abreast of cutting-edge technology trends.
- Focus on Customer Success: Builds and maintains relationships with customers. Shapes solutions that have a significant positive impact on their business.
- Builds Trust and Credibility: Makes decisions based on the organization’s values - actions are consistent with the company’s core values. Ability to set clear vision - role models a growth mindset and shares mistakes widely for others to benefit and embraces a learning mentality.
- Lead & Adapt to Change: Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment and can drive operational efficiencies that map to changing needs. Relishes leading even when times are tough and models the attributes of a GREAT leader. Salesforce Great Leader characteristics include being Salesforce Smart, ability to Get it Done, Win as a Team, Motivate and Champion, and being a Courageous Communicator.
- As a courageous leader, one must be able to take an unpopular stand if necessary for the betterment of our business. Must encourage a transparent and healthy debate while seeking the best alternative. This leader is looked to for direction in a crisis, faces adversity head on, and is energized by tough challenges.
- Talent Management: Has a passion for building great teams. Proven ability to develop others who have significantly contributed to company success with a history of making good hiring decisions and developing a strong bench of successors. Champions talent beyond own organization.
- 8+ years of audit experience in Big 4 and/or corporate environment preferred
- Significant experience with SOX
- Extensive people management and development experience
- CIA, CISA, or equivalent certification preferred
- Critical thinking self-starter with strong leadership and project management capabilities, including managing projects through a fast-paced and deadline-oriented life cycle
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and demonstrate thought leadership
- Ability to act as a mentor to members of the team
- Strong competency in IT applications and controls and experience with cloud applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.