To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryAlliances & Channels
What You’ll Be Doing...
The Senior Proposal Manager will lead Tableau’s efforts to develop, draft, and deliver compelling proposal and RFX (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP) assets for Tableau’s customers and partners. Working with the account management, partner, strategic business development, and solutions engineering teams, you’ll be responsible for creating content and coordinating RFx responses to support Tableau’s rapidly growing Public Sector business. The ideal candidate should possess demonstrated public sector proposal management experience, excellent drafting skills, and superior organizational acumen. Finally, be a customer advocate at heart, deeply understanding our customers’ missions and challenges, and be able to think strategically to help articulate Tableau’s value proposition in our customers’ terms.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include...
- Develop and draft winning proposal content, including technical differentiators and win themes.
- Manage RFx response process, including organizing stakeholders, creating content, and verifying compliance to RFx requirements.
- Build a library of approved proposal content to support varied RFx response timelines.
- Understand and navigate US Enterprise procurement processes and procedures.
- Become a subject matter expert with respect to Tableau Public Sector win themes, key differentiators, deal constructs and pricing considerations.
- Maintain deep understanding of Tableau’s platform and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs.
Who You Are:
- Experienced. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in public sector proposal management roles with proven record of developing and winning large programs for technology focused contractors. Familiar with global corporations and/or very large enterprise customers. Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Knowledgeable. Understands government procurement guidelines, processes, and common government contracting vehicles.
- Excellent Communicator. Ability to communicate effectively across the experience / management spectrum, translate between technical and non-technical teams, and can empathetically communicate a customer’s needs to internal Tableau teams.
- Entrepreneurial acumen. Ability to understand and translate customer problems into opportunities for Tableau and its partners to assist with
- High energy and enthusiasm. Demonstrated creativity with customer engagement and problem solving.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.