To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Title: Manager, Business Development, Marketing Cloud
Our Business Development teams drive top of the funnel sales activity for our Marketing Cloud organization.
Manage a team of Business Development Representatives that are responsible for developing and qualifying revenue opportunities within their assigned territory. They generate new business opportunities to fuel different business units pipeline by conducting strategic research and cold calling. You will play a key role as you lead/manage this highly visible and motivated team that achieves individual, team and organizational quotas. You'll be a valuable contributor to the corporate sales strategy while providing definition and implementation of the plan for Sales to achieve corporate objectives.
- Hire, Train, and Manage team of Sales Development Reps or Business Development Representatives
- Develop Reps into sales-ready candidates for future Account Executive positions
- Create Metrics for Monthly Qualified Lead Objectives
- Motivate Individuals and Team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Regularly report on Team/Individual Results - Lead Quantity, Quality, Revenue
- Work closely with Marketing on defining Campaign follow-up and reporting
- Work closely with Sales Managers and Reps to ensure Lead Quality/Quantity and proper follow-up
- Work closely with Operations to make recommendations on process improvements
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency, Productivity
- 2+ years of experience in sales management or sales development management, preferably in enterprise applications, with a consistent proven track record of overachievement of quota expectations
- Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment
- Proven experience successfully managing people to achieve performance goals
- Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to hire and train new sales representatives
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Across all Sales Leaders, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in sales coaching and mentoring
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Has a strong drive for results
- Strong engagement and communication skills
- Consultative selling experience
- Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Is a trusted advisor to the customers and colleagues
- Strong business acumen
- Prior experience working within the Software/Infrastructure/Platform (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) space
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For®’ List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.