To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryAlliances & ChannelsJob Details
About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
What you'll be doing…
The Partner Account Director is responsible for building out Tableau’s partner network within ANZ. Responsibilities include developing strategic goals and driving partner success against those goals, representing Tableau to partners and vice-versa; and leading a joint business planning process with partners that develops mutual performance objectives, targets, and critical milestones. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day‐to‐day interactions with these partners, this role will drive top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption across all market segments. This role should demonstrate a business background that enables engagement at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that leads to interactions with customers and sales/field reps. The candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Be a part of the Regional and APJ Partner leadership team. Develop plans to drive partner-related business growth and be the “voice” of the partner to Tableau
- Be an executive Tableau point of contact for the executives at the assigned partner organization(s)
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned partners’ business strategy
- Increase partner driven sales for Tableau by establishing alignment between Tableau’s salesforce and the partner organization by designing and running activities such as: Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), joint account mapping, joint pipeline review and forecast, solution definition and alignment
- Lead engagement in the field with Tableau Account Executives and partner organization
- Support sales activities webcasts, roadshows, contract negotiations
- Work effectively across various internal organizations to drive strategic partner initiatives and partner enablement; report results to key internal stakeholders including Marketing, Sales Teams, Product Teams and Executives
- Work directly with marketing team to develop channel marketing program, including enhanced partner website portal, partner product certification and training, collateral, etc
Who you are...
- Experienced. You have relevant years of software channel sales experience
- Builder. Ability to strategically identify and build relationships with appropriate channel partners including, Resellers, Systems Integrators, and other related partners.
- Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
- Performer. A demonstrated track record as a top performer throughout his or her career. Has worked at quality companies known for effective, best-practices channel organizations. Proven ability to significantly ramp revenue, and a record of managing organizations that deliver targeted sales and market share numbers.
- Entrepreneurial. Strong business skills; effective in “seeing” the underlying issues and opportunities.
- Passion and Conviction. Good at influencing others, both externally and internally; ability to work effectively and build consensus across various functional groups to achieve goals.
- Missionary. You’re a highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management.
- Energy and Creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process – whether that’s selling a new customer or creating, implementing, and managing new processes.
- A True Team Player. You're a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to strategically identify and build relationships with appropriate channel partners.
- Proven ability to significantly ramp revenue, and a record of managing organizations that deliver targeted sales and market share numbers.
- Strong business skills; effective in “seeing” the customer’s / channel partner’s underlying business issues and opportunities.
- Aggressive and high energy yet “polished” and composed.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective in a dynamic environment, comfortable with environments lacking full definition, willing to take risks.
- Good at influencing others, both externally and internally - especially at executive level; ability to work effectively and build consensus across various functional groups to achieve goals.
- Strong networking, business development, influencing skills that translates into building commitment and driving actions across organizational boundaries
- A demonstrated track record as a top performer throughout his or her career. Has worked at quality companies known for effective, best-practices channel organizations.
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.