To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What you’ll be doing …
The Regional Vice President, Sales (Education) will be responsible for driving sales of Tableau products into Education vertical. The RVP will represent Tableau and its product suite in customer accounts of all sizes and industries and meet sales objectives in the assigned territory. The RVP will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, deal making, closing and account care and will manage assigned sales staff (Account Executives) while playing an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Define and execute territory sales plans for assigned territory and then meet and exceed sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities in new and existing accounts.
- Build talent pipeline; coach, train and motivate and grow sales staff.
- Plan and direct sales staff activities and objectives to maximize sales volume as well as identify employee performance goals and measurements, partnering with them to obtain positive results.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Drive strategic deals and accounts to six-figure and seven-figure deal victories on a regular basis.
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering. Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system.
- Provide product demonstration to prospective customers.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast and performance.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with direct reports, management, customers and support staff.
Who you are …
- Experienced. 10 or more years in software sales including both transactional sales and strategic selling experience. This includes 5 years or more as a sales leader over field reps who sell into the Education vertical.
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
- Entrepreneurial. Knowing how to build and grow a business from scratch is essential.
- Go-Getter. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission.
- Passion and Conviction. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong recruiter and motivator of people.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders, and in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.