To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job DetailsSenior/ Lead Solution Engineer - NorwayJob Description
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect
with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise
software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s
100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of
Salesforce are inspired by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our
customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our
time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
So why would you consider Salesforce in the first place? Lets ask our VP of Solution Engineering, Torben Markussen, why he joined Salesforce.
“I was immediately taken away by the passion of all the people I met during the hiring process and once I got more into what Salesforce actually is and the Salesforce culture - there was no turning back. I guess as someone on the outside you have to feel it in order to live it. The focus on customer success is second to none. I have the pleasure of working with some amazing companies across the Nordics and help them develop and transform the way they interact with their customers. Salesforce is a company that asks you to bring a beginners mind to work every day driving constant innovation and new thinking. And finally we have a CEO that believes ‘ The business of business is improving the state of the world’ which is translated into our 1/1/1 model. So I get to spend at least 7 days a year on volunteering of my own choice. These are just some of the elements I fell in love with and still feel a lot of passion for today”
So what is a Solution Engineer?
Also known as a " Presales Consultant," "Sales Consultant," or “Sales Engineer” the Solution Consultant is responsible for leading the solutioning throughout the sales cycle and delivering thought leadership to companies to transform their customer’s experience. The Solution Consultant is an experienced person who works alongside their colleagues, participates in building our team culture and supports their aligned sales team to create solutions for prospects and customers.
To accomplish this, you should have a strong desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable recommendations. The Solution Consultant will act as a trusted advisor to our customers while aiding the customer’s transformational journey.
What roles are we looking to fill in Solutions Consulting?
The Solution Consulting team is organized into several smaller teams based on the value they are selling into different industries. We are looking for a solution consultant who has a passion for working with customers, prospects and partners in developing new ways of engaging with their customers in whole new ways - across every single touchpoint.
These touchpoints are but not limited to :
- Marketing both B2C and B2B
- Commerce both B2C and B2B
- Business Analytics
- Internet of Things
- New emerging technologies such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence
Let’s dive a bit deeper into the day to day activities of a Solution Engineer:
- To develop and deliver innovative custom solutions, including solution concepts to key decision makers to address their business issues and needs showing business value within Retail, Consumer Goods OR Manufacturing industries
- Coordinate and lead the entire solution cycle through close collaboration with other high performing teams.
- Industry experience, incorporating and developing a point of view based on Salesforce’s solutions.
- To fully understand and clearly articulate the benefits of Salesforce to customers at all levels, examples include; Administration/IT Staff, managers and "C" level executives.
- Present compelling Salesforce & partner solutions while supporting relationships with customers and partners.
- Display initiative, self motivation and deliver high quality results along with meeting all expectations for both internal and external customers.
- Have a strong interest in growing your career and participating in our internal training programs and mentorship initiatives.
- Understanding the unique business requirements of customers within multiple industries and translating/presenting those needs into a compelling vision and roadmap for our customers.
- Track record of solution engineering, consultancy, delivery or training success for a software solution organisation would be fantastic but we are open to a variety of backgrounds for the role.
- Specific Industry exposure/experience can be relevant
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication and relationship skills.
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve problems in dynamic, energizing environments.
- Inquisitive, practical and passionate about technology and sharing knowledge.
- Growth mindset
- Likes to be the first to know something and to understand why and how things happen.
- Good at searching out information and experimenting, likes to concentrate on a particular topic and to solve puzzles.
- Good at explaining ideas and finding ways to keep people’s attention.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
- Ideally fluent in Norwegian, but not a strict requirement, if fantastic in all other categories you can be fluent in English and learn Norwegian over time
- Related Bachelor's degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.