To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob Details
Senior Manager of Engineering, Availability Cloud Engineering, DevOps
Availability Cloud Engineering (ACE) is an integral part of the Salesforce Infrastructure
Technology team. ACE provides products, technologies and solutions that help our users get real
time understanding of service and product health, perform real time monitoring, efficient
troubleshooting and reduce TTD and TTR. This includes instrumenting the applications and systems
to gather relevant metrics, logs and traces to help monitor the health of the system, use
big-data and distributed system technologies to derive insights and machine learning to
proactively forecast issues for preventative actions.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering to drive innovation, empower and motivate a team of engineers in an agile environment. Your technical aptitude will be used to lead the team to create enterprise architecture designs, standard documentation, transition, and migration strategies. The team will draw on your past experience leading software engineering efforts, providing leadership direction, overseeing development projects, product definition through authoring engineering plans, epics and user stories, and overall team health and efficiency. Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video.
Within ACE, Unified Intelligence Platform (UIP) is a modern, secure, highly-enabling platform for analytics on big data at Salesforce. It makes using data at scale easy and enabling, by marrying together cutting-edge technology with an exceptional user experience. Massive amounts of data are generated each day at Salesforce. Crafting a platform that enables internal users to understand, optimize, and re-envision how the business is and should operate is critical. Modern distributed systems (e.g. Spark, Presto), coupled with AI tech (e.g. Tensorflow and Juypter), custom data applications (e.g. a comprehensive data catalog and portal), and secure, reliable, and extensible platform on both data centers and public cloud, are a few of the key ingredients this team is weaving together to make this possible.
We are defining the next generation of trusted enterprise computing in the cloud. We're a fast-paced, agile and innovative team. We're highly collaborative and work across all areas of our technology stack. We enable critical services for the business, qualify complex compute changes, enable big data analytics and trail-blaze new engineering solutions for the cloud.
A successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about engineering productivity, service ownership, and customer success
- Passionate about Continuous Integration and Delivery and driving teams to adopt this delivery model
- Passionate about leading development teams in the creation of large, modular, and maintainable codebases
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on cloud infrastructure
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt across an entire development team
- Work across teams to ensure that deployment, support, and security best practices are being followed
- Develop and maintain operational best practices across the larger UIP team
- Own various aspects of cluster deployment, monitoring, patching, support, log extraction, and troubleshooting
- Ensure UIP customers are supported and successful
- 10+ years of hands-on experience building and supporting services
- 5+ years managing development or mixed engineering teams
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Experience building and operating large scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience in a Linux/UNIX data center or public cloud environment
- In-depth understanding of operational best practices: monitoring, alerting, availability, and supportability
- Prior experience in any of the following languages: Java, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple datacenters
- Capable of driving and delivering functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Cloud provisioning and infrastructure management
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure, GCE, CoreOS
- Experience with chaos testing methods and methodologies
- Experience with zero-trust security environments, including access control (authN and authZ)
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker, Helios, Fleet
- Experience with open source projects like Hadoop, HDFS, Puppet, Spinnaker, Kafka, Splunk, HBase, Phoenix, Cassandra, and Machine Learning (ML) platforms
- Public cloud engineering on AWS, GCP, and or Azure platforms
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.