To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryLegalJob Details
We are looking for a government affairs and public policy professional located in the Netherlands to develop Salesforce’s government relations in Northern Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland). The Senior Manager for Government Affairs will report into the VP for EMEA Government Affairs.
- Monitor digital policy and regulatory developments in the Northern Europe region with a stronger focus on The Netherlands, especially in the areas of cloud computing, privacy, security, AI and data.
- Develop and manage trusted relationships with elected and government officials.
- Work with key influencers including trade associations, academics, think-tanks and industry coalitions to create consensus on relevant policy positions.
- Represent Salesforce before government, public agencies, trade associations, think-tanks, and industry coalitions, including to inform the substance of laws and regulations, and secure any necessary government approvals.
- Work with business leaders, including the CEO for Northern Europe and the General Manager for the Netherlands and Belgium, to position Salesforce positively with government at multiple levels of seniority, and support business growth.
- Work closely with the public sector team to support the digital transformation of government.
- Analyze political, policy and regulatory issues of relevance to Salesforce.
- Work with a cross-functional team — legal, sales, corporate communications, marketing, sustainability, real estate, security, privacy, compliance to develop policy positions supporting cloud computing, enterprise software and Salesforce’s core values of trust, customer success, innovation and equality.
- Draft advocacy materials and position papers, including messages to target audiences.
- Plan and support events that engage external leaders with Salesforce.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of relevant work experience in a highly professional environment focused on policy or political work (preferably technology-related).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English. Other EU languages are a plus especially Danish or Swedish.
- Deep knowledge of tech policy issues including privacy, security, AI, data, and trade.
- Excellent understanding of the the political landscape and the policy-making process.
- Familiarity with trade associations, think-tanks, and policy groups .
- Demonstrable ability to develop public policy positions and build coalitions in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to travel for at least 4 weeks per year, when travel resumes safely post-COVID.
- Eager to continuously learn about the ever-evolving technology landscape.
- Highly motivated self-starter; results-oriented, with the ability to work independently, yet collaborating 100% with the team.
- Embrace Salesforce’s values of trust, customer success, innovation, and equality.
- Able to work with colleagues across departments and organizations across different time zones.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize.
- Able to conceptualize new approaches to public policy and advocacy.
- Keen to work in an international environment.
- Service-minded, reliable, rigorous.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.