To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob Details
The Data Connectivity team at Tableau manages the connectivity layer, which enables connections to various data sources and the ability to import that data into Tableau. Our team consists of individuals from diverse backgrounds with several years of experience at well-known tech companies.We focus on ensuring high quality of release by building end-to-end automation tests across various connectors and authentications. We follow a lightweight agile process with reduced meetings. Our team is fast-paced with self-motivated individuals and has an incredible work-life balance. We try to ensure that folks take advantage of our unlimited vacation policy. We are looking for excellent problem solvers with solid technical background to join our team.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be building test infrastructure, write end to end tests for various kind of connectors, automate complex manual test cases, work closely with folks across the organization to test high-impact features. You will gain insights into how the connectivity layer works with hundreds of databases and SaaS products.
Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Creative, motivated, self-starter, excited to solve ambiguous and challenging problems
- Comfortable in coding using high level programming languages , including C++, Java and Python
- Comfortable driving feature testing and choosing the right tools & libraries for the job
- Comfortable with designing and developing test plans
- Able to tackle complex engineering problems and deliver results
- Flexible to switch between projects as needed
- Design and develop test automation utilizing high-level programming languages, including C++, Java, and Python.
- Create, improve, and maintain new and existing frameworks.
- Utilize experience in testing and profiling large-scale C++ systems in order to analyze source code to understand areas of risk and complexity to provide optimal test coverage.
- Test features on multiple platforms, including Mac, Linux and Windows, and author automated tests, including unit tests and integration tests.
- Write, review and provide detailed feedback on documentation and test plans for features.
- Analyze and monitor automation test results
- Proactively find test gaps, areas of improvement and take needed actions
- Position may include additional job duties that utilize the required skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (any field), or in related field, and three (3) years of experience in the field of software engineering or three (3) years of experience in the job offered
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (any field), or in related field, and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of software engineering or five (5) years of experience in the job offered.
Special Skill Requirements
(1) object-oriented programming languages; (2) C++; (3) Java; (4) Python; (5) performing troubleshooting and debugging to solve issues; (6) designing and developing test plans; (7) performance testing;Any suitable combination of education, training and/or experience is acceptable.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.