To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryFinance and OperationsJob Details
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (our chosen or extended family) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
As a Small to Mid Market (SMB)/ Commercial Contract Specialist, a Sales Operations role, you are required to provide superior internal support and guidance for a region of Field Account Executives including but not limit to deal structure questions, order processing, compensation calculations, and ensuring orders are in compliance to revenue & company policy. This role requires an individual who is able to work in a team environment, be self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Provide superior internal support and guidance for a region of Sales Reps including but not limit to deal structure questions, order processing and ensuring orders are in compliance to revenue & company policy
- Work with Sales, Rev Recognition and Legal on contract issues and provide suggestions and assistance for contract negotiation in order to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and responsible for SOX compliance.
- Train Sales and in particular less experienced AE’s and facilitate cross-training among the team
- Contributes ideas and innovations to improve upon existing systems, work processes and procedures
- Create and update internal departmental Policies.
- Participate in projects involving technical and financial concepts providing recommendations
- Review submitted contract and order forms for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to Salesforce.com Sales Order Acceptance policy.
- Process contracts and orders and ensure all documentation is in compliance with revenue and company policy.
- Activate eligible contracts and orders in Salesforce.com, complete compensation transaction to ensure accurate timely commission payments
- Create and modify quotes as required.
- Works with Sales and Collections to assist resolution to customer billing investigations and disputes
- Challenging legacy policies and procedures that complicate quote, order, invoice, credit, commissions, and revenue processing, understanding the flexibility for change, and formulating creative solutions or workarounds based on that analysis.
- Responsible for monthly audits on large transactions to ensure Rev Rec compliant
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Establish strong relationships with Sales, Renewals, Customer Support Managers, Collections, Adjustments, Compensation, Rev Rec., Legal, and other internal resources as appropriate.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years customer order management, or sales support experience in the IT industry.
- Contract structuring and Commission Calculation experience
- Demonstrated participation in process improvement initiatives and/or project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues, juggle multiple projects and tasks, and to work with deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Thrives in a team environment
- Able to use Microsoft suite of tools effectively
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Demonstrated initiative
- Ability to work independently
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.