To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryFinance and OperationsJob Details
About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
The Strategy and Operations team at Tableau APJ is a high-performance team chartered with
supporting the strategy-setting of the business, monitoring business health and performance,
supporting execution, and assisting senior leaders in driving the business forward. We are a
highly data driven business. Our business is sustained on a vast amount of sales data captured by
the suite of Tableau & Salesforce applications, and discussions with sales managers and key
stakeholders across functions.
The Strategy & Operations Manager will act as a trusted business partner for the China Country Manager, drive the refinement & implementation of the growth strategy as well as take ownership of strategic projects.
This person will be responsible for (i) partnering with the China Country Manager to drive and track the business under a rigorous data-driven approach and enhance business performance (ii) owning the operational model and cadence for the region (iii) shaping the right go-to-market model and implementing this and other strategic projects for the region.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working with senior executives and developing talent, delivering complex programs of work, an analytical and consultative mindset, experience in working with business intelligence and analytics, and an ability to navigate the organization to get things done. We are looking for a candidate who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and has the passion to enhance business performance.
- Analyze the health and momentum of the business by tracking and interpreting performance metrics in the business, and own the reporting for the Region
- Deliver actionable insights and make recommendations to Business leaders to enhance the performance of the region
- Works collaboratively with the various business units to develop/or improve systems, processes, controls and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the firm
- Own the regular operational model and cadence for the Business Unit including weekly reporting, forecasting and business reviews
- Shape the go-to-market model for the Business Unit and implement it through activities ranging from planning and segmentation to headcount allocation and quota distribution
- Build out executive presentations, crafting key messages for senior executives and take ownership of transformational projects in the business
- Work cross‐functionally with extended teams to drive execution and “get things done”
Desired experience/ skills
- 5+ years work experience in strategic planning, consulting, finance or the strategy department of a fast-paced growth company
- Excellent proven program management and change management skills
- Solid problem-solving skills: Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, diagnose issues, originate new solutions and make recommendations
- Good analytical skills: Demonstrated ability to conduct data-driven analysis and draw insights, backed by past experience in using business intelligence tools
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to translate analysis into easily digestible messages and make succinct executive presentations (verbal/ written) for senior leaders
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced environment: Ability to adjust on the fly to new demands and resilience in an environment of ambiguity
- Autonomy and drive: Ability to be self-standing and drive to work in a rapidly changing growth environment
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.Salesforce.com andSalesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement withSalesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.