To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
SVP Reliability Engineering
Salesforce is looking for a Senior Vice President of Reliability Engineering to lead Engineering and Operations for one of the largest and most trusted cloud platforms in the world.
The successful candidate will partner across the company, particularly with the site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and product development teams, to lead reliability architecture and engineering, incident management, and define and implement new continuous learning processes. You will own the vision, drive alignment around that vision across the top technology executives, and be responsible for managing the team and budget that ultimately delivers it.
You will drive reliability architecture and engineering, incident management, problem management, and service ownership enablement for all Salesforce products, spanning our private cloud and Hyperforce public cloud infrastructure.
You will accomplish this by:
- Building and leading a diverse, geo-distributed, and world class organization, and being a role model for Salesforce values of Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality.
- Partnering with executive leaders to define service ownership roles and responsibilities for SRE and service teams to ensure reliability, performance, scalability, and operational excellence.
- Using a "Product Management" mindset to reach out to customers and internal stakeholders, presenting and driving alignment around vision, creating a clear long range roadmap, etc.
- Aligning and driving the tooling strategy to enable both service owners and SRE to gauge and act on service-health metrics, including new and existing tools for monitoring, alerting, and visualization Influencing through active listening and engagement at all levels of the organization
- Driving multiple high profile program work streams spanning our infrastructure and product engineering teams.
- Setting standards around patterns, frameworks, technologies, and processes to promote a simple and consistent approach across multiple types of services
- Identify trends and promote solutions across multiple product areas by being an influencer around software architecture best practices, including supportability, scalability, performance, availability, maintainability, extensibility, and security.
- Driving transparency and decision making through the cross-cloud and cross-functional leadership team of your programs with blameless postmortems and iterative improvement programs that focus on product quality and challenging run the business work while limiting time spent on operations.
- Building the operating model for the key Service Ownership program workstreams, which will include all the necessary strategy and leadership forums and communication channels, as well as the release planning and execution ‘engine’
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of experience in running enterprise scale services in private and public cloud environments
- Proven experience driving large scale organizational transformation, including diverse, international, and geo-distributed teams
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple teams and drive to success through influence
- Strong communication, partnership and management skills to lead and collaborate with engineering, DevOps, and product teams 5+ years in a leadership role in a large technology organization building services and microservices
- Experience driving timely requirements into virtual teams across many parts of an organization, including monitoring, security, cost to serve, tooling, services
- Prior success in fast-paced agile environments with mentoring and leading by example
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and the tradeoffs of developing applications that run in first party data centers vs in public cloud
- Solid understanding of the Google SRE operational model and the Service Ownership requirement definition including across the AWS Well Architected Framework pillars
- Ability to arbitrate technical discussions and make challenging calls
- Experience in building an operational model for organizations/business units
- Proven track record in bringing clarity to ambiguous situations
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.