Membership Manager (West London Under 27) - Soho House & Co
Full Time. Highly competitive salary.
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, spread across Europe, the UK and America. We offer a range of cuisines from rustic Italian to modern British. Working with us as a Waiter/Waitress, you will have fun, get inspirational training, develop your career and have the chance to work with us around the globe, all whilst receiving great pay and benefits.
An exciting time for a well-connected individual residing in WEST London to take responsibility for growing and engaging the Committee and membership profile for the WEST London House’s. A proven ‘people’ person, with excellent interpersonal skills, organization and experience of the creative industries, already integrated into the social scene. Acting as the organisational lead for memberships, he/she will have confidence in developing an immediate strategy to enroll our Under 27 Members and continue the long term development and membership growth for the House.
A hands on role focusing on organising and hosting Committee Meetings and ongoing member behaviour management, non renewal protocols, Introduction events and key reporting. Being a key contact for members, on hand for their feedback and thoughts, as well as preserving club rules and monitoring member conduct. Supporting the Member Relations team via sustained presence in the clubs and assistance on the floor with reports and liaison activity.
- Play a key role, with guidance from the Director and Membership Manager, building and liaising with the Membership Committee’s.
- Schedule, organise and host Committee Meetings for the club approximately every 3 months throughout the year, to consider, discuss and review all new member applications. In addition, gather feedback via detailed notes, both good and bad, about club developments, levels of service, facilities and member perceptions. Ensure club feedback notes are distributed to senior management immediately after the meeting.
- Ensure Committee Members are productive in generating fitting new member applications through regular contact, engagement in the Houses and recurrent attendance at meetings to endorse submissions. Monitor performance and attendance by Committee Members and provide reports and feedback for review with the team.
- Through an extensive breadth of personal contacts in the creative industries, working with the Director to build and strengthen the Committee’s and applications.
- With support from the Membership Director, devise and implement creative strategies to support the submission of applications to the House, thus ensuring a strong Waiting List.
- Review, rate and mark for approval applications which are received, ensuring all approved applications are suitable for Soho House membership.
- Liaise with the Membership Admin team when necessary to assist with resolving any issues with cards or payments.
- Make a point of meeting as many applicants and new members as possible, explaining your role and allowing them to contact you if they choose.
- Conduct a minimum of 2 evenings per week in the House on average, as agreed with the Director.
- Organise and host Member Introductions to welcome new members to each House.
- Play an active part in the creation and implementation of the members events programme through suggesting ideas to the members events team. Make sure members can host or help with events (where applicable) as well as suggest new event formats.
- Taking guidance from the Director, make potentially difficult calls to members regarding behavioural issues, detailing notes of the conversations to be documented.
- Ensure all member behaviour/conduct/attire issues are correctly documented and followed up on swiftly.
- Promote the club directly to appropriate new members through tours around the facilities and permitting choice individuals to experience the club via guest listing. Meet potential new members to assess suitability and provide feedback to the membership team.
A charismatic, confident individual with extensive knowledge of WEST London’s different areas, creative groups and social scenes with a large personal circle of contacts across the creative industries. Someone with excellent attention to detail, well organized and highly personable. Customer facing and high profile events experience useful.
Only those Membership Managers eligible to work in the UK will be considered for the advertised Membership Manager role.
Soho House & Co offers:
- Membership to Soho House Member's Spaces
- One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
- Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
- Meal on shift
- Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
- Subsidised gym memberships, pension and great discounts across our sites