What we are looking for
The Director of Operations reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will be responsible for driving strategic programs and projects across the organization, including SaaS and Support, business controls and audit remediation, and other initiatives critical to the organization's success. This role will also be responsible for establishing a program management function as well as performing daily program and project management duties, as necessary.
Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. This role will play an important part in our continued commitment to providing world class service.
What you will be responsible for
The Director of Operations will work closely with the COO across:
SaaS, Support and Corporate IT
- Drive key initiatives and related outcomes: take responsibility for managing the execution of strategic programs and projects (e.g. SaaS migrations, Metrics COE);
- Operational excellence - consistent execution of core processes; driving definition/documentation of policies and procedures, rules of engagement, business processes and controls, system and tool requirements, along with corresponding tracking and reporting of KPIs/KRIs;
- Drive operational and executive analysis and deliverables (e.g. operating committee materials, monthly reports, and management dashboards);
- Assist in identifying and evaluating business problems, design and implement actionable recommendations, and track success metrics; and
- Partner with cross-functional leaders (finance, legal, client management, and professional services) to identify gaps and opportunities to evolve and define, codify, and build new processes and programs
Business Controls & Audit
- Continuous Improvement - help identify and evaluate business problems, support the design and implementation of actionable recommendations, and track success metrics. Meet with cross-functional leaders (finance, HR, legal, support, SaaS, R&D, sales, etc.) regularly to identify gaps, mitigate risks and opportunities to evolve and define, codify, and build new processes and programs to generate efficiencies;
- Partner with the three lines of defense (e.g., FLOD, ERM Compliance, Audit) on risk management, including assurance events, audits, and regulatory requests (ie reporting, evidence requirements, satisfying policy and procedure requirements);
- Participate in control and audit event planning, execution and finding reviews (e.g. FRBB, SOC 2); and
- Oversee projects resulting from risk assessments/strategic projects by partnering with various teams across the organization to drive closure.
- Identify, track and report on key business metrics for the CRD Management Committee, creating KPIs when and as necessary;
- Lead key corporate initiatives representing the Office of the COO; and
- Drive programs related to Global Realty, including but not limited to office openings, closures, lease renewals, and build-outs.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
Four (4) year degree is required. A major such as Finance, Economics, Information Systems or Computer Science is desirable but not mandatory.
8+ years' experience
Strong initiative and confidence to lead meetings and drive participation
Strong presence and ability to influence both people and strategies
Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into findings driving process and procedure
Passion to analyze, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and consistently
Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations at all levels with competing priorities
Results-driven self-starter with the ability to multitask. Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with a "can do" attitude and growth mindset
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work within a team environment and be resourceful, have strong sense of craftsmanship and be detail-oriented
Ability to manage competing demands and frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey plans, issues and risks to clients and team members in a clear and concise manner. Highly efficient and well-organized with strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple initiatives in parallel.
Strong understanding of MS Products as well as Salesforce.com
About State Street
What we do: State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow: We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers