2021 Talent Development Program - Animation Trainee
Join us for an opportunity to experience the art of animation and be a part of Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Program is available for emerging artists and offers up to a 12 month paid position at Walt Disney Animation Studios. We offer an immersive Trainee experience, where participants will work under the guidance of a Disney Mentor to develop craft skills while applying them in a real world environment.
The Talent Development Animation Program begins September 2021. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will determine whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on local state and county ordinance. The deadline for applications is June 27, 2021, 11:59 PM PST.
The Animation Trainee
Animators are responsible for bringing characters to life! As an animation trainee applicant, your animation reel should demonstrate a strong understanding of acting and animation principles such as timing, clear staging, squash and stretch, anticipation and follow-through, and secondary action. Prior training should include anatomy and solving problems in weight, balance, movement, space, and proportion.
As an Animation Trainee, the first four months of your program are structured to introduce you to the art of animation, our studio culture, and our production environment. These initial months will showcase the skills and philosophies of our Animation department while providing you nurturing mentorship with a Disney artist. A four month review provides you with real-time feedback and determines future assignments and promotional opportunities that would bring your skills into real-time production environments.
Am I Eligible To Apply? What We’re Looking For:
- 18 years or older
- Emerging artists with less than 3 years of animation industry experience OR
- Recent graduates - Degree or equivalent experience
To apply for this position you must upload a resume and a single reel no longer than 2 minutes.
Reels/Demonstrated Skills Should Include:
- Acting, Acting, Acting! Demonstrate a versatile range of acting exercises: Dialogue, Pantomime, Narrative-Based Walk Cycle or Weight Exercises
- A focus on different styles of emoting: subtle to broad, comedic to dramatic moments
- A diversity of character personalities to create entertaining, believable, and emotionally-centered performances
- Familiarity and experience in Maya or 3d software preferred
- Traditional animation skills encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer