The Talent Relations and Special Events Assistant provides administrative support to the VP - Talent Relations and Special Events, plays a support role on the broader Disney Television Studios publicity team, and is responsible for assisting in all of its events and talent relations efforts.
- Phone coverage, invoice processing, vendor paperwork management, and building/maintaining trackers, databases, guest lists, and calendars
- Maintain talent database including management contacts, cast information, talent birthdays, home addresses and track start of production dates, series wrap dates, and milestone dates
- Assist with talent gifting and premium items including gift research, gift selection, order placement, wrapping, and shipping of gifts for talent and producers for awards, production milestones, birthday gifting, and holidays.
- Assist in fulfilling talent requests for tickets/Disney VIP visits
- Requires interfacing with talent and their representatives on behalf of the company and handling confidential and sensitive information
- Make recommendations, and assist in planning talent dinners, tastemaker screenings, and FYC events; support larger events including premieres, after-parties and festival/conventions
- Create invitations for studio produced events
- Minimum of one 1 year related industry experience is mandatory particularly in talent-facing roles and with event planning
- Requires a professional interest in talent relations, event planning, and the television industry
- Exceptional taste and ability to predict trends in luxury gifting
- Strong knowledge of luxury items and ability to forge partnerships with retailers and vendors
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, stay calm under pressure, interface with high-profile talent, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must have basic knowledge of entertainment publicity, talent and related business contacts (agents, managers, publicists, media outlets, etc.)
- Demonstrated and polished written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a positive & can-do attitude, be a be a self-starter, able to multi-task, and prioritize in a fast paced work environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Requires excellent computer, design and organizational skills. Must be Outlook, Excel, and G-Suite proficient. Photoshop skills a plus.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends as needed to assist with events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience