This person will support Distribution Planning & Analysis for Star+, Canada D+ and Canada Content Sales.
Responsibilities:Provide the availabilities and support licensing of all content to Star+/Canada D+:
- Provide accurate and timely availability of all content (long form feature films, Star/Disney+ originals, episodic content, promos, bonus, interstitials, etc.) for Star/Disney+, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets.
- Work closely with the local Disney/NatGeo/Fox linear channel programming teams and local sales planning and content sales teams to clear any third party licenses.
Support management of the Star+/Canada Disney+ license:
- Track the windowing, airdates and holdbacks with respect to the content licensed to Star/Disney+.
- Send accurate license information to DSS (at the media, territory, language level) and capture the transfer pricing to feed to Accounting.
- Ensure holdbacks are properly applied per Senior Management and/or Territory specific guidelines.
Support deal analysis and post-sale deal management for Canadian clients (linear, AVOD, SVOD, channel deals):
- Support TWDC’s Canadian sales team, Business Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting in all licenses of TWDC content to Canadian clients (linear, AVOD, SVOD, channel deals), both pre-sale and post-sale.
- Administer and manage all such deals post-entry, e.g., draft and send notices (start dates, new seasons, etc.), license fee calculations, invoices
- Support operation of all channels operated as Canadian joint-ventures (i.e., Disney Channels, FX, Nat Geo)
- Access avails and sales history reports on an ad hoc basis for deal analysis team, Burbank senior management, audits, finance
- Track options, MFNs, deal expirations
- Liaise with servicing team and business operations on servicing issues.
- Assist legal with guild and participation audits
- At least 3 years in the media & entertainment industry 1+ years of direct experience with media distribution
- Deep experience with financial modeling, complex financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
- Strong facility with contractual drafting, interpretation and analysis
- Proven track record in effectively managing and building strong relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
- Some experience in international media distribution