The Associate HR Business Partner role is the first point of contact for day-to-day employee inquiries. This role coordinates and project manages various HR programs and initiatives. This role also manages administrative human resources related activity in support of Lucasfilm-ILM and is the liaison between Lucasfilm-ILM and Disney Studio Administration. This includes, but is not limited to, SAP coordination, report generation, new hire orientations and local HR special programs. This role will perform other HR Generalist and related work as assigned.
What You'll Do
- Employee Relations Investigations
- Conducting employee relations investigations for lower level infractions and working with Director and Manager and Disney Studio ER team on resolutions and outcomes.
- Headcount Management
- Manages the headcount tracking and request process for ILM Globally. Works with each Studio and overhead functions such as Technology and IT to process headcount transfers, changes, additions, etc.
- Onboarding/Off-boarding Process
- Manages the exit process for outgoing employees including data tracking, reporting, paperwork preparation, and scheduling and conducting exit interviews. Maintains weekly exit reports.
- Manages the project employee renewal process including extensions, actively tracks exit dates, database input, reporting, and status communication with management.
- SAP Coordination
- Notification of all new hires to Disney Global HR Ops in a timely fashion. Ensure position assignment is accurate and data syncing between Disney and Lucasfilm is functioning as expected.
- Facilitation of data change requests to Studio Org Mgmt, such as cost center updates, manager/title changes, employee transfers and corrective actions.
- Generation of weekly and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Process off-cycle and bonus check requests as needed.
- Perform regular audit of data to ensure SAP data requests have been completed.
- HR Administration
- First responder to questions sent to the Lucas Benefits mailbox and voicemail.
- Key contact for employees and managers if Disney/SAP issues are identified and require further escalation. Track all escalated issues and follow-up with Disney Studio Administration or other parties following issues through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders.
- Provide historical HR and Payroll data for employees, third-party requestors and Disney.
- Backup to HR Specialist and HR Business Partners
- Maintain hard and soft copy personnel files.
- HR Special Programs
- Assist in the coordination of Lucasfilm-specific benefit programs, such as onsite banking, wellness events, onsite childcare, flu shots, special discount programs, etc.
- Assist Disney Benefits with onsite events such as Wellness Fair, biometric screenings, educational campaigns, commuter assistance.
- Track service dates and assist PR with logistics for annual service awards.
- New Hire Orientation
- Coordinate new hire paperwork collection and submission to Disney Global HR Ops.
- Facilitate NHO and Disney Hub training.
- Calendar Benefits Orientation webinars for new hires.​
What We're Looking For
- Positive, service-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive / excellent follow-through
- Presentation skills / poise
- Maturity / discretion in handling delicate/confidential issues
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- B.A. in HR-related field
- 2-4 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Nice to have:
- Reporting writing experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.