NewsOne, the affiliate news service of ABC News, is hiring an Associate Producer. This position gathers and produces content for stations. This position supports the on-duty Manager with various editorial, production, communications and customer service tasks. This position also produces correspondent live shots in the field. This position occasionally produces and edits correspondent packages and other news material (vo/sot’s) on news-of-day stories and features. This position includes night shifts. This position is based in Los Angeles.
- Support the on-duty Manager on the Editorial Desk, creating and updating story lineups, generating slugs, story descriptions and inputting latest editorial information. Assist manager in overall news coverage, including making sure completed news packages reach customers on deadline, notifying ABC affiliates, clients and internal platforms of latest ABC News editorial and NewsOne coverage plans, reading and approving vo/sot scripts, if necessary, and other duties as assigned.
- Shoot and field produce for specific assignments, sometimes under adverse conditions and for long hours.
- Produce correspondent live shots in the Los Angeles bureau.
- Be available to travel to breaking news stories at any time to field produce correspondent live shots.
- Occasionally produce and edit correspondent news packages and other news material (vo/sot’s, social media clips, etc.) on news-of-day topics and features on tight deadlines.
- Research and gather editorial and video information and provide to correspondent or news writer.
- Provide excellent content and customer service to ABC affiliates, ABC Owned TV Stations, ABC News clients and ABC News programs and platforms.
- Check work of Production Associate for quality control under direction and supervision of Manager.
- Routinely offer original story pitches, particularly during Sweeps periods.
- Must have at least 3 years news production experience
- Must have strong research skills, excellent written and verbal skills and display sound editorial judgment
- Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure
- Must have shooting experience
- Must be comfortable operating equipment in the field, and producing live shots in the field
- Must have experience working with correspondents and other on-air talent
- Must have the ability to manage the production and editing of breaking news packages in a fast paced news environment
- Must be able to edit video (Avid preferred)
- Affiliate experience a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.