NewsOne, the affiliate news service of ABC News, is hiring an Associate Producer. This position gathers and produces content for ABC affiliates, ABC Owned Stations, ABC News clients, and ABC News programs and platforms. This position produces and edits correspondent packages and other news material (vo/sot’s) on breaking news as well as business, entertainment, and futures topics. This position supports the on-duty Manager with various editorial, production, communications and customer service tasks. This position includes night and weekend shifts
- Produce and edit correspondent news packages and other news material (vo/sot’s, social media clips, etc.) on news-of-day topics and features on tight deadlines.
- Research and gather editorial and video information and provide to correspondent or news writer.
- Support the on-duty Manager on the Editorial Desk, creating and updating story lineups, generating slugs, story descriptions and inputting latest editorial information. Assist manager in overall news coverage, including making sure completed news packages reach station servers in time for their newscasts, notifying ABC affiliates, clients and internal platforms of latest ABC News editorial and NewsOne coverage plans, reading and approving vo/sot scripts, if necessary, and other duties as assigned.
- Produce generic correspondent live shots on major stories.
- Occasionally shoot and field produce for specific assignments, sometimes under adverse conditions and for long hours.
- Work collaboratively with correspondents and news writers, keeping them updated on the latest editorial information and video material available.
- Provide excellent content and customer service to ABC affiliates, ABC Owned TV Stations, ABC News clients and ABC News programs and platforms.
- Check work of Production Associate for quality control under direction and supervision of Manager.
- Routinely offer original story pitches, particularly during Sweeps periods.
- Minimum 3 years news production experience
- Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure
- Must have the ability to manage the production and editing of breaking news packages in a fast paced news environment
- Must be able to edit a network-quality package under tight deadline (Avid preferred)
- Must have experience working with correspondents and other on-air talent
- Must have strong research skills, excellent written and verbal skills and display sound editorial judgment
- Experience shooting video preferred
- Affiliate experience a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.