Disney Streaming Services in Amsterdam is looking for a Broadcast Engineering Manager to join our team!
Our Broadcast Engineering team provides 24-hour operations, with tier 1 and tier 2 support for various broadcast systems around the world across time-zones. Broadcast Engineers operate from the Transmission Operation Center or remotely as required, managing all A/V transmission paths into our data centers. Additionally, Broadcast Engineers monitor and analyze the delivery of all A/V transmission to our partners.
What you’ll do:
- You are responsible for the acquisition, quality control monitoring and distribution of linear and event-based signal acquisition signals across various formats (TS over IP, fiber, etc.).
- You will also ensure that assigned partner distribution transmission is configured and routed as ordered.
- Ensure all signals meet strict quality control standards and make adjustments to video, audio, captions as required.
- Keep meticulous notes on any troubleshooting and will help to compose documentation on standard operating procedures as needed.
- Routing and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our facilities, or remotely as needed.
- Quickly take the lead in identifying and resolving issues in a live production environment.
- Remotely configure hardware as required for live events and linear acquisition and distribution.
- Act as technical liaison to clients and their partners to remotely troubleshoot signal issues, as well as notifying internal and external parties of signal outages.
- Provide professional, courteous and timely technical support.
- 3+ years in Broadcast Engineering, Signal Acquisition/Distribution, Transmission Control or similar work environment in a senior or leadership role.
- Working knowledge of MPEG, SD/HD-SDI, ASI, and J2K signal types.
- In-depth understanding of transmission and acquisition equipment and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of analog and digital audio signals.
- Knowledge of networking and TS Over IP principles.
- Experience with Evertz, Ateme, Sencore, Snell, Grass Valley, Rossand other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
- Understanding signal flows and CAD drawings.
- Basic knowledge of elastic search and real-time analytics/visualizations.