Job Summary:A) PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage East region licensees:
- Implement regional Category plan / strategy
- Develop & execute appropriate local market category plans
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget for the category.
- Ensure licensees have full understanding Disney’s business standards, directions and strategies. Manage licensees to achieve yearly targeted budget.
- DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Management
- Implement regional category plan / strategy.
- Develop local market category plan in line with regional strategy & plan.
- Undertake market analysis to follow or proactive meet trends & regulations, monitor sub-categories and retail performance, and determine & develop Disney’s segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (franchise, products, price, and retail channel) for CPC to expand brand presence consistently with retailer needs.
- Contribute to regional discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
- Category Management
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget
- Identify & contract new license instrumental in the development of the category
- Identify product, franchises, and channel gaps and ensure that the plans in place to fill the gaps.
- Manager Contract Renewals based on category plan.
- Assist the establishment of efficient distribution services.
- Provide account management to top licensees for long term business development.
- Coordinate with CPC Compliance Group to ensure licensees comply with Disney’s labor standards.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop manufacturing centers of excellence (global and regional).
- Regularly communicate with Key licensees and conduct performance reviews (quarterly).
- Retail Management
- Work with key retail account to manage Disney’s product range and presence at retail.
- Work with buyers from retail accounts to develop business opportunities, managing product sourcing, mix / range, pricing and new programs specific to each retailer’s shopping profile.
- Act as communication link between Disney and licensees and retail buyers.
- Conduct retail accounts performance review and marketing update (quarterly).
- Identify signage and merchandising needs.
- Creative Management
- Direct product development with CPC Product Developer consistently with category plan and ongoing product quality improvement program.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product approvals with CPC Product Developer.
- Finance Management
- Responsible for the category budget & bottom line responsibility.
- Provide category forecast on quarterly basis (revenue grading).
- Responsible for collection past due accounts receivable.
- Marketing Management
- Coordinate with CPC Retail, Sales & Marketing team to support sales promotion, events and advertising in the local market.
- Work with Business Planning & Marketing Team to ensure better understanding of consumer profiles and market needs.
- Ensure appropriate licensees implement the Disney visual merchandising programs.
- Information Systems
- Maintain competency in CPC business systems
- Insight (Contract Admin. & Royalty reports)
- INvision (Forecasting/Budgeting)
- SAP (Travel expenses & Purchase Orders)
C) WORKING RELATIONSHIP
Internal - PRC Other CPC LOB & Business Units
- APAC Licensing LOB.
- Global Licensing LOB
External - Licensees (existing and potential)
- Key retail accounts
D) ACCOUNTABILITY(In $, human resource and other terms)
- Timely implement global, regional and local market Category strategy / plan.
- Achieve or exceed revenue as per budget.
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
2. Minimum of 5 years working experience with strong sales related undertakings, as well as proven track record in client management skills
3. Personal Attributes
- Intelligent, self-directed, self-starter, good ability to work within a team.
- Good analytical skill and understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Committed to excellence.
4. Other requisites, languages
- Fluent English and Mandarin.
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.