As a specialised function within the wider Human Resources department, the C&B function liaises day –to-day with HR Managers and Directors across 24 EMEA countries, providing sound and timely advice in order for them to meet the demands of the business.
An experienced Compensation Analyst with excellent HR project management skills is required to join our busy team to assist the EMEA Compensation Manager with all project, cyclical, and day-to-day Compensation activity. There is a large degree of change within the company so adaptability and quick learning are key.
This role will also focus will be building relationships with HR colleagues across EMEA and providing them with Reward-related advice backed up with sound and robust analysis and market insight.
We are looking for a motivated individual possessing a high level of numeracy and adept technical ability (namely with Microsoft Excel). This role will be working under the supervision of the Compensation and Benefits Manager and among a wider team of Analysts, each with their own remits and specialisms.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the EMEA Comp Manager with coordination of the following C&B cyclical activities: annual salary planning, annual sales bonus calculations, salary range compilation and International Bonus and Long-term incentive planning
- Building Excel-based tools to enable the team to calculate and record analysis efficiently and accurately
- Collating and presenting results of data analysis via Excel or PowerPoint
- Process promotions and adjustment requests, providing salary and total compensation recommendations and justifications
- Routine salary and benefit benchmarking and appraisal (against internal and external market)
- Be a point-of-contact for HR in the absence of other C&B Analysts/Manager
- Communicating with HR contacts across EMEA in order to collate or distribute information in relation to Compensation/Benefits related activities
- Providing support to C&B Director when required on Executive Compensation
- Data input into appropriate trackers and templates
- Develop good working relationships with equivalent peers in the US offices (Orlando and LA) as well as all EMEA teams (which include Regional and local HR Business Partner, wider EMEA Compensation team, HR Operations)
- Understand business structure and follow the appropriate approval chains as per each line of business requirements
- Support Compensation manager on project work. This includes:
- Transition of employees in the allocated Lines of business to a new system of record
- Submission of salary surveys
- Gender pay gap reporting (UK)
- Assisting with the implementation and roll-out of Enterprise-wide initiatives and directives from the US.
- Other project work might arise as per business requirements.
- Responsible for the provision of a proactive compensation support to the EMEA Compensation Manager across various processes and procedures for all allocated Disney lines of business.
The Experience We Require From You:
- Able to absorb and work with complex data and numerous rules / plans.
- Experience of working in a large matrix organisation
- Excellent HR project management skills. Able to take the lead on projects working across the C&B and wider HR functions
- Demonstrable HRIS experience and technical savviness.
- High level of Excel proficiency. Vlookups, IF statements, Pivot tables and familiarity with a wide range of Excel formulas are essential to the role. Experience with VBA (macro building) will be an advantage.
- High level of numeracy. Ability to easily understand and calculate percentages, pro-rata’d amounts, interpret statistics and deal with mathematical concepts related to compensation.
- Experience of coordinating reward processes on an international scale.
- Generalist HR experience, or experience of working as part of a wider HR Department.
- Previous experience with Gender pay gap reporting
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Excellent presentation skills in excel – presenting a range of mathematical concepts and data sets in an audience-friendly way
- Excellent time management skills. The role may require to work unsociable hours as stakeholders sit in the US (Burbank) office.
- Extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent coordination skills
- High level of customer service and stakeholder management
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Ability to work in a complex challenging and sensitive environment and use the appropriate communication and influencing skills in order to work well with others
- Self-starter able to work on own initiative with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.