The RCES Controls Engineer is a member of the Utility Integration team at Reedy Creek Energy Services (RCES) organization. RCES Cast Members work on behalf of the Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) designing, operating, and maintaining RCID-owned utility systems across the Walt Disney World Resort. The Controls Engineer will be a key contributor in the Utility Integration Department that support systems and functions for all utilities. This role is the primary asset owner responsible for development of strategic plans supporting control and communication systems, the fiber optic network, PLCs, and metering. This role also provides oversight to the RCES operated Industrial Control System (ICS) that allows remote view and control of mechanical utility systems.
- Develop, prepare, and review equipment standards and specifications while leading multiple-department-teams to evaluate these standards, products, and services for RCES.
- Acts as leader for the ICS Senior Programming Analyst. This analyst is an RCES Salaried Cast Member that that programs mechanical utility systems.
- Implements solutions, standards and/or programming modifications to utility system equipment, including hardware and software modifications, to complex electrical and process control systems to improve the safety, reliability, and operation of control systems.
- Administrator and owner for the fiber optics communication program including documentation, assessment, upgrade strategy, and implementation.
- Champion for the rollout of utility automation initiatives including advanced metering system across utility functions.
- Develops robust preventative maintenance, asset refurbishment, and replacement programs for instruments and control systems and/or components associated with monitoring, control, data acquisition, metering, and other activities associated with utility production and distribution.
- Maintains configuration management of hardware and software in accordance with RCES policies and guidelines.
- Provides project status of assigned work items to Manager on a regular basis. Updates Maximo system with project
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience
- Proficient in interfacing with 480 V and below power electrical equipment (MCC and motor controls, transformers, VFDs, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in PLC and HMI programming
- Ability to work in a variety of work environments, including outdoors and in a plant environment
- Must be available to work outside normal work hours in response to job demand, equipment availability, and system/equipment emergencies as required.
- Power distribution (experience and familiarity a plus)
- Utility experience
- Familiarity with Modicon PLCs , Fiber Optic Communication Systems, Advanced Metering Infrastructure/Systems
- Practical field experience (start up and commissioning, maintenance, etc.).
- Experience with selecting components for design of SCADA & PLC/DCS control system including Panel Layout, Architecture, Configuration, Sizing, & Communication links
- Professional Engineer license
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or comparable technical discipline with the ability to obtain a PE license
- Bachelor of Science of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits