Hulu’s Originals Marketing team is seeking a Director of Events and Talent Relations who will be a strong leader with a strategic vision that will scale as Hulu grows. As a Director at Hulu, this critical leader will work closely with the Originals Marketing, Public Relations, Originals Social, Awards, and Content departments to build Hulu experiences ranging from activations around our Original programming, stunts to launch campaigns, premieres, and key events for our awards campaigns. The right person for this role will have both entertainment and talent experience. In this position, you will lead a team to find opportunity areas and set a vision for our talent relations to make Hulu a home for a community of creators. You will succeed here with event production experience combined with an aim to solve problems, high attention to detail and comfort in a collaborative culture.
- Report to the Vice Presidents of Originals Series and Film Marketing and Publicity.
- Guide all projects and team members from vision through execution.
- Partner with internal teams to execute a talent relations program and events with the purpose of encouraging client relationships, improving brand messaging and/or a variety of additional internal goals to increase Hulu’s growth & visibility.
- Lead weekly team meetings and other key information platforms to collect and communicate pertinent relative information to the wider team and find ways to improve overall team functionality.
- Understand and anticipate industry trends that will affect Hulu in the short and long term. Provide strategic insight into these issues and offer solutions.
- Strong ability to ideate around sponsor activations and craft symbiotic branding between sponsors and Hulu.
- 12+ years of event specific experience across the experiential landscape, entertainment, tech and major brands
- Validated history as a trusted advisor in the entertainment industry
- Strong relationships in the event industry with key brands and vendors that help drive a successful event team in LA, NYC, and internationally
- Consistent record of measuring important metrics and OKRs against event success
- Strong time management skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven history in a leadership position
- An extensive event portfolio featuring a wide range of experience including experiential activations, sales events, red carpets, and key industry events (CES, Upfront, Comic Con, Cannes Lions, Sundance, AdWeek, SXSW, TCA, etc.)
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.