Marvel Global Partnerships is looking for a Director to join our team in support of high-level partnership/sales efforts. This position will be responsible for crafting, leading individual brand partnerships sales efforts, and collaborating on brand partnerships across the Marvel Studios theatrical and D+ content release schedule. Please note that this is not a traditional Advertising Sales role.
- Work with VPs to develop promotional strategies and pitching criteria for theatrical and D+ content by targeting suitable brands and making thematic connections.
- Oversee initial outreach and potential partner pitches for Marvel Studio partnership opportunities and manage deal conversations.
- Drive deal negotiation for brand partners. Duties include working closely with Legal, Marketing, Corporate Brand Management, Franchise and Execution, and in all serving as a critical point of contact.
- Develop presentation materials in collaboration with creative team to facilitate partner pitch meetings.
- Support VP with the development of trackers and presentations for internal reporting.
- Manage revenue and partnership deal driving product placement deals, including working closely with Production for Marvel Studios content.
- Liaise with functional teams across TWDC and other key partners to develop cross-promotional programs.
- Manage team’s relationships with key external partners such as agencies and promotional partners.
- Manage business related elements of partnership deals during execution process.
- Collaborate with Marvel New Media and TWDC Media teams for incremental revenue driving partnership extensions, where applicable.
- Please note that there may be some travel affiliated with this role, approximately 20%.
- 6-8 years’ work experience in marketing, entertainment, brand partnerships, promotions, brand production resources, and/or major entertainment branding
- Knowledge of partnership marketing + multi-platform media campaigns
- Understanding of product placement
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience managing blue chip level companies/brands and beyond
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, corporate entertainment environment
- Results oriented, self motivated
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects at any given time and to operate within an organization that conducts business across multiple time zones
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be resourceful/flexible, all while maintaining absolute professionalism and confidentiality
- Must possess enthusiasm and a desire to take on increased responsibilities
- Ability to quickly learn internal processes and the basics of who to reach out to with questions
- Team player is a must
- MAC computer proficiency
- Basic knowledge of Keynote
- Salesforce experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Photoshop experience a plus
- Willingness to do some work travel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience