The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney's key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom, plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com, www.disneystore.co.uk, www.disneystore.fr and www.disneystore.de. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world's largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.
Responsibilities:The Seasonal Cast Member role is a temporary assignment that will begin in late September and conclude in mid-January. A seasonal position does not guarantee an offer of a permanent position with Disney Store. This is a part-time, non exempt position. The Seasonal Cast Member’s primary responsibility is to ensure our Guests have “The Best Retail Experience in the World”. This is done by engaging and providing Guests with an Entertaining and Magical experience.
- Supports Disney Store Mission, “Creating Magical Moments for Guests of all Ages”
- Connects with Guests by asking open-ended questions to assess Guest needs and make appropriate suggestions
- Contributes to a high energy, fast paced environment that provides Guests with an entertaining, fun and dynamic experience
- Assists Guests in finding solutions that best meet their needs while leveraging all available resources including Disneystore.com
- Consistently treats all Guests and Cast Members with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Takes a proactive role in maintaining Disney brand standards in Guest engagement, visual and housekeeping
- Performs cash wrap and mobile POS duties in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining a high level of Guest Service
- Participates in the processing of shipment, replenishment of the sales floor, and additional operational tasks based on the needs of the business
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Code of Business Conduct
- Promotes and maintains a safe working and shopping environment
- Retail/Service experience preferred and ability to demonstrate strong Guest-focused engagement on and off the sales floor
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Must maintain a professional appearance and meet Disney Store grooming guidelines
- Available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business including overnights, evenings, holidays, weekends and call-in shifts (if permitted)
- Must be available a minimum of two (2) shifts Monday through Friday and have weekend availability that meets the needs of the Store’s business
- Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 45 lbs. and climbing a ladder
- Must be able to submit verification of legal right to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience in specialty retail or service industry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information:Cast members must have open availability.