We assist our Guests when they have the unexpected happen. We help our Guests with medical needs or help them get to additional care. We help them restore the Magic of their vacation.
Our Guest First Aid locations are Guest-focused, fast paced and have multiple ways to meet the Guests needs. If you have a passion for Guest Services, helping people, talent and a desire to join an amazing team, please apply today! You will report to the Manager of Guest Health.
We proudly and happily welcome veterans of the US armed forces.
As a 3+ years experienced Emergency Medical Technician, most of your responsibilities will be familiar to you - making initial contact with people who have a need, listening, thinking of solutions, providing first aid, performing vital signs, and elevating advanced care to a Registered Nurse. You will also support clinical and administrative tasks, such as – working with the nurse for minor and urgent care treatment, assisting with arrangements for transport, helping Guests with storage of medications and medical equipment, completion of checklists, stocking and inventory of medical supplies and equipment, while maintaining a clean work environment.
You will make sure the highest standards of quality and confidentiality are always met, and will be as precise with your documentation as you are with your hands-on patient work.
You will join a team who work while others play. Keeping Guests safe is something we are very proud to do. You will have to work on weekends and holidays, but you will also have days off where you can play also.
On any given day, you might:
- Welcome our Guests who present with a medical question or need in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Perform and provide intervention and first aid services within your scope of practice as an EMT
- Work with Registered Nurses to escalate assessments and support treatment plans for Guests needing additional care
- Administer Basic Life Support (including use of AED) when indicated
- Help with the arrangements for Guests
- Complete daily checklist, maintain and stock treatment areas, perform inventory and ordering supply tasks
- Maintain a clean work area and follow disinfecting protocols
- Communicate with Registered Nurse, colleagues, and other Partners efficiently and with respect
- Uphold the Walt Disney Company's standards of business conduct
- Document and maintain accurate, detailed records related to interactions and treatment provided
- Quality check work daily to catch any errors or omissions
- Enjoy the perks of being a Disney Cast Member!
- 3+ years as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Compassionate, Genuine bedside manner and a deep desire to give the best possible care and Guest service
- Speak and write at a professional level while remaining friendly
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods of time, walk, lift, squat, push, pull and carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- Excellent hearing and ability to see, and full use of hands for patient assessment and to control or handle objects and tools
- Rank priorities and manage your time
- Work well with others
- Scrupulously protect patient confidentiality
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and ability to work with a laptop/desktop
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Ability to speak additional languages, i.e. Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Current BLS Certification
- National EMT Certification
- State of Florida EMT Certification
- High School or GED
- Some College Preferred