ABC News is hiring an Executive Editorial Producer to help lead and execute the creative content strategy aimed at producing relevant and compelling reporting on the experiences and interests of culturally diverse audiences, harnessing the talent, resources and storytelling ability of the entire news division. This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling, an urge to drive and produce creative content and a desire to be at the forefront of inclusive content and audience development. As a leader on the ABC News Integrated Content Strategy team, they will help shape the way in which we cover news, take advantage of ABC News content, and create compelling news series, specials and daily reports. Executive Editorial Producer will report to the Senior Vice President, Integrated Content Strategy.
- Execute on the reporting strategy as defined by the SVP Integrated Content Strategy to develop and promote unique and compelling storytelling opportunities aimed at building diverse audiences across ABC News.
- Collaborate, plan and execute with executives and producers across ABC to maximize and exploit IP material central to non-fiction, innovative storytelling around multicultural reporting with the aim of supporting business development and production opportunities across ABC, WDT, streaming and social platforms.
- Oversee coordination of the Race & Culture reporting teams, leading cross-division production collaboration to pitch and develop daily reporting and special projects.
- Create and execute a daily pitch process for the News Division to support and advance the work of the Race & Culture reporting effort.
- Oversee the editorial development and staffing of non-fiction series.
- Develop editorial initiatives to showcase new, diverse voices, including talent showcases, reporting workshops, booking database.
- Support the development of content analysis tools to examine show and platform performance toward increasing representation of diverse voices and reporting.
- Establish a structured environment for editorial work.
- Coordinate special project launches and marketing with division wide partners
- Strategize across shows and brands to ensure that Planning, Engagement, and Audience Development departments are leveraging the original content being produced
- Work with digital teams to develop and implement engagement strategies across platforms
- Ensure alignment with ABC News editorial guidelines and mission
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in an editorial role with two (2) of those years in a leadership capacity executing on development strategies and developing unique story opportunities
- Must have a minimum two (2) years' experience collaborating and presenting feedback and recommendations to stakeholders both internally and externally
- Minimum four (4) years' experience producing longform content
- Minimum two (2) years' experience managing a team of 5 or more
- Must have demonstrated experience producing for multiple reporting platforms, including digital with a focus on culturally diverse storytelling
- Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
- Five or more years' experience as a working journalist in a breaking news environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.