In this role, the Analyst is responsible for the revenue recognition process within the Licensing business, by processing royalty statements in Disney's reporting systems, in a correct and timely manner.
- Perform all Licensing Revenue accounting functions including royalty statement processing and analysis, and cash management for assigned licensee population.
- Follow up on Region's licensees in order to have each of them report their licensing royalties in an accurate and timmely manner, in line with an active Licensing Contract.
- Process royalties in the reporting system, identifying issues and differences compared to Licensing Contract and define next steps as needed. In addition to this, process Advances, Guarantees, Fees, Audit findings in the system in order to have transactions interfaced into SAP and print invoices accordingly. Identify unlicensed sales and invoice these in line with Licensing Contract requirements.
- Partner with their Contract Administration and Licensing Finance counterparts to ensure proper application of revenue recognition policies and practices, perform analysis and make recommendations on complex issues.
- Keep updated status for not received statements, and issues for received statements. Alert Management, Licensees and Category teams in an accurate and timely manner possible/ upcoming issues, and propose alternative solutions if needed. Share weekly updates with the region.
- Approve Publishing titles in the system, and have all royalties recognized in a timely manner. Communicate with different stakeholders when approvals are not finalized or not available in the product approval system.
- Submit invoices to licensees and clear all doubts regarding invoiced amounts. Responsible for account reconciliations and cash application in SAP.
- Licensee training: The person in charge of this position will be responsible for training licensees in all Disney reporting requirements, contracts work-offs and accounts reconciliations. Identify urgent needs and act accordingly.
- Process improvements: identify day to day needs and improvement opportunities in the revenue recognition process.
- Identify system issues and process manual workarounds.
- Perform assigned quarter-end close deliverables and reconciliations.
- Various Ad-hoc projects.
- At least 2 years of experience in Administrative roles.
- Advanced level of English is a must.
- Knowledge of general Excel processes.
Additional Information:At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. We are a team of storytellers, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are an organization that value human interactions and that is a very important part of our culture. At Disney, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.