Host/Hostess, Table Service Restaurants is responsible for greeting and interacting with our guests in a positive and friendly manner following the guest service model. This role assists guests and cast members with directions, entertainment, show event schedules, and other information or assistance as needed to provide excellent guest and cast services. This role involves working in one or more of the following positions: Greeter, Assignor, Seater, and Cashier.
- Greeter – Assist Guests with directions, event schedules and other information and assistance as needed to provide excellent Guest service. Record Guest information, quote accurate times based on dining room status and staffing levels, check in guests into the restaurant
- Assignor - Assign open tables to Guests, remain aware of dining room status at all times (necessary to quote accurate estimated wait times, communicate with podium staff, management, photo pass, etc.)
- Seater - Escort Guests to their tables, maintain menu cleanliness, monitor restaurant lobby. Retrieves high chairs and boosters for little Guests.
- Cashier – Greets and takes the Guest’s order, enters the order into the system, verifies the Guest’s order by repeating the total order back to the Guest. Assembles the Guest’s order and receives monies for payment. Should have cash handling capabilities and be able to count back change. Read POS tickets to fill guest’s orders for take-out and dine in. Responsible of maintaining accurate cashier’s fund and complete end-of-day administrative duties
- Support guest flow in general, including in different locations
- Assist guests with directions, answer questions, provide information and solutions as needed
- Support cleaning work areas and guest areas
- Assist logistics and stocking
- Keep Shanghai Disney Resort clean by picking trash
- Handle cash or process POS in other LOBs ( * applicable to cash-handling/POS related jobs only)
- Demonstrated excellent Guest Service and service recovery abilities
- Able to make independent decisions for our Guests
- Good computer skills and excellent handling with cash
- High school or above required. College degree preferred
Additional Information:As one of the worldwide leaders in family entertainment, Shanghai Disney Resort delivers legendary service and a lifetime of memories for our guests. Joining us in a new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure involves creating happiness for the millions of guests who visit our Resort each year. Whether your career journey here is onstage or backstage, there are almost unlimited opportunities for growth and personal development at Shanghai Disney.
* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
- Salary: your salary consists of a base salary + service bonus + floating year-end bonus
- Social Insurance: You are entitled to five social insurances and one housing fund
- Overtime and allowances: In addition to statutory overtime (depending on your position) you may be entitled to a high temperature allowance and a night shift subsidy
- Catering subsidy: You are entitled to one free meal per day on days that you are working
- Accommodation: You have the opportunity to live in a dorm with Wi-Fi and air conditioning or to receive a living allowance
- Vacation: You are entitled to paid annual leave and paid sick leave
- Insurance: We buy supplementary medical insurance for you and your children. You can also enjoy group life insurance
- Free Park Entry: While you work for Shanghai Disney Resort you will have the opportunity to enter the park with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Health checkup: You are entitled to a free health checkup once a year
Learning and development opportunities:
- Learning: you will be taught a range of international professional skills, including corporate culture, service skills, and more.
- Career Development: Promotion opportunities are transparent and are dependent on your own efforts. You can also apply for internal transfers should you wish to develop yourself in another part of the company. With Hotel, Food and Beverage, Fire Safety, Security, Merchandise, Park Operations, Disney University and Operations training opportunities across multiple industries, there will always be development opportunities for those who want them at Disney.
- Activities: Disney provides Cast Member with a range of volunteering opportunities as well as fun clubs for basketball, tennis, yoga, Disney Run, Music, Drama, DIY and more as a way to help you connect with your colleagues and network in a fun environment.
Apply online -> Interview over email -> Accept Employment -> Onboard
Please note: You may only apply for this position once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
You will be working at Shanghai Disney Resort in Pudong, Shanghai. You can take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort station or take one of our many shuttle buses. The shuttle buses can be taken from one of several central areas across the city every day. You can find out more information during your onboarding process.