Job Summary:We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
Disney+ Hotstar TECH BEIJING CENTRE
We are a small, unique and fast-growing team that has strong tech experience with most engineers from the top universities like Tsinghua, Peking, Zhejiang universities. We see an opportunity to improve media, particularly next generation video. Our mission is to build platforms and services that delight both our consumers and customers alike. The pace of our growth is incredible!
People team is a trusted partner to fuel the rapid growth and success of Disney+ Hotstar, for all things people. We strive to build a culture pivoted around our values; where people feel they are co-creating the future and contributing towards the organization's goals every day.
We're looking for an HR Business Partner with deep knowledge about our business who will help set up people processes to achieve business goals. This role is about actively partnering with employees at all levels of the Beijing centre to create a culture of perseverance, ownership and making big bold bets. A coach and guide on all people related matters, this position will be expected to define and deliver on people strategy in partnership with the Disney+ Hotstar India HR team and centres of excellence (Disney+ teams in the region). Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to support the hiring efforts.
This position reports to the Disney+ Hotstar’s Tech HR Lead, based in India.
Responsibilities:• Work with the Tech team (50-150) to understand business deliverables and priorities and translate that into people agenda.
• Analysing trends/NPS of team engagement survey to effectively implement solutions resulting in reaching the NPS target of the year.
• Partner with the business to lead performance management and talent development.
• Have an effective talent management strategy (career progression, career development) to retain key talent
• Work with employee groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives
• This role is expected to establish some best in industry practices in compensation, learning initiatives, culture interventions, etc
• Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Be the advocate of the employees, the champion the Hotstar values to bring in synergies between India org and Beijing Tech centre
Basic Qualifications:• 6+ years of relevant HRBP experience in the industry with an understanding of compensation
• Excellent understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
• Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
• Proven track record of delivering measurable results in a high paced / high demand environment
• Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. Proficiency in making timely, effective, ethics-based decisions
• Demonstrated ability to partner / collaborate within and outside of HR
• Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with relevant HR practices and policies
• Unquestioned integrity; resolve, presence, and sureness
• Tenacity and ability to create from scratch are imperative
• Must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements.
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.