Under direct supervision from the team lead, you are required to install applications, troubleshoot, perform tests, and replace hardware. Utilizes basic technical knowledge to support IT initiatives and provide first-level technical information systems support to the end-user community. Resolves routine technical problems. May help train contractors and temporary employees.
What you’ll do
- Performs basic problem solving and assistance on various software applications and hardware systems for our Hulugans and cast members (End-User Community)
- Provide knowledge base entries and/or training to users on new or updated technologies. May help train contractors and temporary employees.
- Performs technical assistance and maintenance duties.
- Maintains and updates record keeping system; may document projects and maintain user instructions.
- Assists with tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials; performs data entry and maintenance of records such as, but not limited to, project documents, user instructions, general reports and/or systems errors.
- May input asset information into a record keeping system. (Service Now)
- Performs routine technological systems support, maintenance, and testing for proper upkeep of systems; troubleshoots and resolves general system hardware, software, and basic connectivity failures and conflicts.
- Assists with the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or Enterprise Engineering updates.
- Assists with research and development initiatives and in the implementation of new technologies/ projects.
- Assists with the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, workstations and/or other related equipment and devices.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or systems.
- Manual labor will be required to set up desks, maintain printers, placing equipment in storage and moving package shipments.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What to bring
- High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A+ Certification preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, basic networking, and communications.
- Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, basic networking, and communications.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in the area of focus.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to comprehend and provide direction to temp employees and/or end-users to resolve technological issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware, software, and/or network solutions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve basic computer problems.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of Windows, MacOS and/or mainframe applications and systems. (Examples: Ivanti, Intune and JAMF)
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.