Disney Greater China & Korea Product Development team is seeking a passionate, experienced and bold lead designer with great ideas, an active hands-on approach to design and hungry to innovate in the product development. Grab this unique opportunity to work with the worlds best stories, most loved characters and leading entertainment brands…
• Develop plush product across all Disney brands for APAC region by managing manufacturing partners.
• Develop tailer-made die cast & plush toy design for key partners
• Actively drive all aspects of die cast & plush development – from trend research, design strategy, sketches, design development including 3D & design specification sheet, product quality management & brand assurance to final product.
• Work closely with sales team, marketing team and creative director in developing new product ideas, SKUs plan & new product collections
• Update and revise product catalogs for sales managers & marketing team
•Develop creative presentation deck for global and local communication and business pitch to distributors
• Actively collaborate with character arts team & brand experience team on package design development
• Must be creative, solution focused & consumer centric
• Exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the consumer experience, market trend and passion for the Disney brands. • Must have experience to work in toy manufacturing industry
• Must have hands-on design skill such as sketches or 3D modeling/rendering
• Must have good understanding on how to turn great sketches into real products
• Equipped with project management, analytic skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
• Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player • Business integrity + professional attitude • International experience is plus and ability to adapt to different cultures with open mind is required • Willing to travel, locations include head office in Shangha
• 5+ years working experience with relevant design area or relevant industry as a product designer; preferably with international toy company or local toy design company
• Bi-lingual: fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin
• Graduate degree in Product design, Industrial Design or a Related Field.
• A portfolio showcasing ability in product and graphic design skills