The Leader assists the Assistant and Restaurant Manager(s) in managing the day-to-day operation of the resort restaurants (quick service restaurants, outdoor vending and table service restaurants), to deliver updated information to the Frontline Cast Members and acts as the central hub of communication throughout the restaurant. This role provides professional service to guests according to Disney standard and acts as role model to team members; leads and verifies location opening and closing duties. Also, this role is responsible for the time and attendance tracking with our Kronos system and to ensure the compliance of the safety and sanitation requirements to daily operations.
- Cast shift location assignment, do daily check, record and report casts’ attendance by using the system
- Communication between managers and cast member
- Conduct daily briefing with cast member as needed.
- Organize, track and audit paper work for each shift and location.
- Understand daily business trends, adjust operational needs accordingly.
- Monitor break time and restocking.
- Medium level supervision - authorized to make on stage operational decisions to change merchandising display, to add or to close location(s) as needed; recommendations to upper management for reprimand/reward to cast members for their performances, review products popular level to make recommendations for future reference
- Professional but friendly relationship has to be maintained within this department. They should develop a tight team relationship that they can count on each other to help out when necessary.
- Establish and instruct cast in cash security procedures, supervise cash handling and banking procedures, daily banking and cash flow report, deal with irregular payments.
- Supervise the maintenance of service equipment.
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services.
Based on business need and Cast Members’ credentials, below tasks will be assigned from time to time.
- Support guest flow in general, including in different locations
- Assist guests with directions, answer questions, provide information and solutions as needed
- Support cleaning work areas and guest areas
- Assist logistics and stocking
- Keep Shanghai Disney Resort clean by picking trash
- Handle cash or process POS in other LOBs ( * applicable to cash-handling/POS related jobs only)
- 3 to 5 or more years’ experience in fast food restaurants, food courts or cafes with supervisory experience is preferred.
- Verbal communication skills
- Patient, good communication skills
- Entertainment minded.
- Optimistic with a pleasant disposition.
- Willing to learn and adapt well to new challenges.
- Fluent in Mandarin. English as a plus
- Working Schedule: Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members might be scheduled to work shifts on nights, weekends and holidays. (can work 2 shifts)
- You shall obtain certificate/qualification(s) required for performing the job, and complete and pass all post-employment trainings and assessments (including but not limited to On-Job-Training)
Additional Information:As one of the worldwide leaders in family entertainment, Shanghai Disney Resort delivers legendary service and a lifetime of memories for our guests. Joining us in a new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure involves creating happiness for the millions of guests who visit our Resort each year. Whether your career journey here is onstage or backstage, there are almost unlimited opportunities for growth and personal development at Shanghai Disney.
* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
•Salary: your salary consists of a base salary + service bonus + floating year-end bonus
•Social Insurance: You are entitled to five social insurances and one housing fund
•Overtime and allowances: In addition to statutory overtime (depending on your position) you may be entitled to a high temperature allowance and a night shift subsidy
•Catering subsidy: You are entitled to one free meal per day on days that you are working
•Accommodation: You have the opportunity to live in a dorm with Wi-Fi and air conditioning or to receive a living allowance
•Vacation: You are entitled to paid annual leave and paid sick leave
•Insurance: We buy supplementary medical insurance for you and your children. You can also enjoy group life insurance
•Free Park Entry: While you work for Shanghai Disney Resort you will have the opportunity to enter the park with your family and friends for free
•Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
•Health checkup: You are entitled to a free health checkup once a year
Learning and development opportunities:
•Learning: you will be taught a range of international professional skills, including corporate culture, service skills, and more.
•Career Development: Promotion opportunities are transparent and are dependent on your own efforts. You can also apply for internal transfers should you wish to develop yourself in another part of the company. With Hotel, Food and Beverage, Fire Safety, Security, Merchandise, Park Operations, Disney University and Operations training opportunities across multiple industries, there will always be development opportunities for those who want them at Disney.
•Activities: Disney provides Cast Member with a range of volunteering opportunities as well as fun clubs for basketball, tennis, yoga, Disney Run, Music, Drama, DIY and more as a way to help you connect with your colleagues and network in a fun environment.
Apply online -> Interview over email -> Accept Employment -> Onboard
Please note: You may only apply for this position once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
You will be working at Shanghai Disney Resort in Pudong, Shanghai. You can take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort station or take one of our many shuttle buses. The shuttle buses can be taken from one of several central areas across the city every day. You can find out more information during your onboarding process.