As the Manager of Ad Operations and Media Planning for Marvel Entertainment, you will be a significant contributor to the team that is central to the creation, execution, and delivery of ad campaigns across the Marvel Entertainment business. The ideal candidate has a high level of advertising/media acumen, is a process-oriented professional who is passionate about flawless execution, operational excellence, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrable business experience in the media industry and is expected to have a strong, working knowledge of the entire ad sales deal cycle process from pre-sale to post-sale.
- Manage a large portfolio of advertising client business across various Seller lists, agency partners, and clients.
- Work directly with Sales, Sales strategy, Accounting, Finance, Legal, and numerous other teams to ensure that advertising deals are executed properly from pitch to pay.
- Assist Sales in deal negotiations and be a point-person for all client questions and needs throughout the sales process.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to sales during pre-sales ideation and post-sales reporting/up-sell recommendations.
- Build media plans and successfully review/audit all contract/IO deal-points.
- Ensure flawless execution of ad operations with a focus on providing the best experience and results that serve our advertisers and maximize revenue for Marvel from campaign set-up to trafficking and reporting.
- Audit and report on micro and macro-level business trends on an ad-hoc basis to ensure Sales Management is informed on an on-going basis of potential business opportunities/risks.
- Effectively communicate with Sales and Sales client partners to ensure that revenue is maximized and costs are minimized on all sales deals.
- Investigate, analyze and solve problems while clearly communicating results with various internal teams and use these results to drive better, more efficient future business processes.
- Design and implement processes, systems and best practices for the Advertising business that drive accountability, strategy, financial reporting, and organizational KPIs
- Assist the VP of Yield Management in executive-level business reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Display technical savvy by trouble-shooting issues with Product, Ad Tech, and Editorial counterparts.
- Foster a success-oriented, goal-driven and collaborative environment within the organization including enhancing the company's culture and core values.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Minimum 3-5 years of ad operations, media planning, and/or ad industry experience.
- Digital media experience is strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of Google Ad Manager (GAM), order management systems (such as Operative.One), and CRM systems (SalesForce, boostr, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of Digital ad serving and ad trafficking:
- Familiarity with video ad serving formats including VAST, VPAID and MRAID (experience with Brightcove and YouTube CMS a plus).
- Network Administration: Creating/Managing Ad Tags, Ad Units, Custom Key-Values, Custom Creative Templates, Video Ad rules, etc..
- Knowledge of Chrome Development Tools, Charles, or similar debugging tools. As well as experience with JIRA and other project management tools.
- Proficiency in Excel pivot tables and capable of manipulating large data sets as it pertains to ad forecasting, delivery, and revenue recognition.
- General knowledge of Social-based advertising platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap, TikTok)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to drive strategic decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused, dynamic environment.
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Required EducationBA/BS Degree or relevant work experience.