The mission of the Customer Information Management team is to optimize the value of customer data for use in building direct customer relationships and delivering relevant customer experiences across TWDC’s brands and businesses globally. As a central resource for company-wide customer data, the team partners with stakeholders across the company to establish data practices, policies and capabilities to collect, use and share data in support business objectives, while maintaining respectful consumer data practices. Primary responsibilities of the group are to:
- Enrich enterprise data assets by acquiring, organizing and aggregating customer data from various sources to construct a full and accurate view of a customer’s interactions with the company for use in direct/email marketing, targeted media campaigns and analytics.
- Deliver customer data, data analysis support and customer data insights to businesses on as needed basis, including audience selection and segmentation services as well as email marketing campaign services.
- Establish global, company-wide standards and business policies for collection, sharing, use and retention of customer information, including standards for cross-business use, communication/targeting relevance and other brand-related controls.
- Own and operate enterprise-wide tools and capabilities, including the shared enterprise-wide customer/ marketing data environment and any company-wide customer-facing tools (e.g., customer preference and email permission centers)
Responsibilities:If you’re passionate about helping businesses leverage customer data for direct-to-consumer marketing and consumer insights and have a soft spot for the brands of the Walt Disney Company, we want to talk to you. As the Manager, Customer Information Analytics, you will work with internal and external marketing groups across the Walt Disney Family of Companies to understand and fulfill their customer data needs using the company’s enterprise customer data platform. You will collaborate on projects to acquire new data, including evaluating the quality, consistency, organization, volume and utility of customer data used to drive customer acquisition, customer retention and personalization initiatives. You’ll be responsible for refining and creating new customer data solutions, including franchise, content and product affinity indicators based on analysis of customer transactions, website/app interactions, login activity, marketing campaign responses and other customer data. You will also be responsible for defining, coding (using SQL), scheduling, running and maintaining manual as well as automated data processing jobs transforming raw source data sets into structured and standardized formats for use by internal marketing and business partners. You will produce ad hoc reports based on business and leaderships needs by constructing analytical queries using SQL, providing insights into recent customer transactions, cross-line-of business engagement, and other key performance indicators.
- Maintain processing jobs transforming raw interaction data into summary flags, including updating, testing and releasing new SQL code to production to capture new franchise interaction data and other customer attrbibute data. Ensure franchise and other attribute data is updated weekly and available for use by marketing stakeholders. In collaboration with leadership, identify opportunities for automation and execute technical requirements.
- Lead data onboarding projects in collaboration with technology partners, including analysis and evaluation of source data as well as documentation of source data taxonomy and data transformation requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of all assigned data processing activities, automated and manual, current and new, including business rules, data sources, data processing requirements and related logic.
- Fulfill ad hoc customer analysis and data extracts requests
- Total of 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in data analysis, business intelligence or data science roles during which both technical and management capability have been clearly demonstrated.
- Intermediate level SQL expertise, experience writing SQL queries against large data sets.
- Demonstrated experience with databases, business intelligence tools, reporting, analytical environments
- Extensive expertise and knowledge in how data assets are used in marketing, consumer strategy, reporting, analytical functions.
- Experience with large scale, multi-terabyte level data solutions supporting direct-to-consumer marketing.
- Expertise in understanding business needs and working with non-technical marketers
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with customers and engineers; equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
- Experience partnering with technology teams on large scale customer data warehouses and tools a plus
- Experience and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes including, regression, predictive modeling and forecasting
- Experience with project management, agile development, and strategic roadmap planning.
- Experience with Python, and/or other analytical tools.
- Experience with Snowflake and data lake architectures.
Required Education4-year bachelor’s degree in computer science/information science/engineering or related Bachelor of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.
Preferred EducationMaster's degree in computer science/information science/engineering or related Master of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.