Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Develop, review and execute on established technical road maps and continual product optimizations
- Lead team members and vendors in the delivery of technology solutions which meet business delivery expectations, maintain portfolio currency and integrate best engineering practices
- Identify, mitigate or appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and changes to development project
- Participate in scrum sessions and assist with sprint planning, sprint retrospective and sprint demos
- Assess the technical skills of the internal Cast Members and contracted application developers where appropriate
- Presenting technical issues, solutions and project status to senior and executive management
- Provide technical direction and leadership; inspiring and coaching other technical team members
- Keep team and peers abreast of trends, products, frameworks, applications and provide concise summaries of the findings
- Degree holder in IT / computer science or any related discipline
- A minimum of ten (10) years for software development and architecture design experience
- At least 2 years of experience on leading teams and projects
- Strengths in the ability to solve problems, analyzing warning signs, identifying the problem, and finding the solution
- Expert knowledge of PHP and in at least one PHP framework, preferably Zend Framework
- Expert knowledge of structured programming
- Experience in other object-oriented server-side scripting languages a plus (Ruby/JSP/Tea)
- Database experience such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc
- Experience in JDBC, SQL, SOAP, XML, XSD, XSLT, JMS, MVC a plus
- Experience in cloud-based services, high availability systems (Akamai CDN, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in Content Management System Design and Architecture
- Experience in solving complex applications developed across multiple environments (DEV, QA, LIVE) with varying configurations
- Proven ability to work with and provide leadership to all members of a diverse project team
- Proven ability to write technical specifications and driving through development process
- Proven ability to lead technical projects and technical teams, Agile/SCRUM experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Domain and business knowledge in the retails and hospitality industries is plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience
- Proficient in both written and spoken English, Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese)
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.