Job Summary:As a member of the Technology team, you will be defining the technology platform for Shanghai Disney Resort’s mobile and web applications. As a Technical Lead on that team, you will be responsible for leading the delivery and execution of projects on the Shanghai Disney Resort website, App and WeChat platform.
The Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for building and directing a development team consisting of 10+ software developers. This team will lead and participate in projects related to our family of online products and applications.
This person directly oversees, mentors, and develops technical staff and has direct technical supervision of client and server developers. Besides, you will be responsible for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones, and overall product quality.
This position requires the ability to manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting – requests, priorities, and activities. Candidates will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels, within and across Shanghai Disney Resort
- Provide technical leadership in the development and support of Shanghai Disney Resort products and systems
- Accountable for the development process and schedules
- Manage, mentor and grow technology staff
- Provide engineering support to business units and external groups
- Identify and manage industry-leading external developers and vendors
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
- Establish best-practices and coding techniques; streamline the development cycle.
- A minimum of 10 years of online applications (Website/App/WeChat) and server-side development experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing technical professionals
- Knowledge of Traditional and Agile software development lifecycles and methodologies. Scrum Master certificate is preferred.
- A BS, ideally in computer science, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Expertise in server-side development technologies, including but not limited to Java/NodeJs, Message Queue, Cache, RESTFUL and relational/non-relational databases
- Knowledge on mobile App technologies, Swift in iOS or Kotlin in Android
- A sound understanding of content management systems
- Solid understanding of e-commerce architecture, micro-service, containerization technologies, connectivity technologies, web hosting, advanced network protocols, client-server technologies, applications development, and multi-vendor environments
- Experience in a large media, technology or internet company. Experience on high concurrency system is preferred.
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.