Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Finance Business Technology group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own the finance domain technology roadmap.
Responsibilities:The Principal BRIM Architect
A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex matrix organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management, comfortable handling risk and uncertainty in a fast paced work environment.
Ability to establish trusted, effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff.
A proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver technical solutions utilizing SAP S/4 BRIM or Convergent Mediation (CM) for the Order to Cash value chain by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs.
Deep technical and significant business expertise will be essential, a “working IT architect” who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives. Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, other architects and developers, this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
A de facto expert in the discipline of Solution Architecture with SAP S/4 BRIM or Convergent Mediation (CM) who can effectively lead platform transformation, review boards and other solution architecture activities.
- Specific expertise in SAP S/4 BRIM or Convergent Mediation (CM) (each of the two vacancies will focus on one or the other)
- Extensive experience as a Solution Architect leading business transformation via technology leveraging SAP S/4 BRIM or Convergent Mediation (CM) for high-volume subscription billing revenue streams.
- Expert in 3rd party and custom e-commerce integration patterns, On Prem and SaaS applications with SAP Financials as the backend.
- Deep business understanding of the science of revenue billing, preventing revenue leakage, revenue recognition and cash reconciliation
- Experience with ECC, S/4 HANA Financials and Fiori.
- Preferred experience in Digital commerce, monetized offerings and subscription business models
- A strong business orientation combined with solid IT technical skills.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong collaboration, negotiation and consensus building abilities.
- Preferred experience with automation technologies; Work Fusion and other RPA/ML technologies.
- Thought leader in new/emerging technology and its application in business
The Architect roles are new and were created as a consequence of wanting to formalize the discipline of Solution Architect within EBS, and as a consequence of implementing SAP BRIM to support the launch of Disney+. Now that the platform is implemented we have a large portfolio of ongoing change and enhancements to deliver for our flagship consumer project, as well as widening the use of BRIM amongst non-Disney+ segments within Disney. The role will:
- Use Solution Architect principles to design highly effective solutions to satisfy business needs and requirements.
- Ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, secure, scalable, future proofed and cost-effective.
- Design and document architecture at multiple levels (high level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams).
- Collaborate closely with other architects and peers across the organization to leverage knowledge, other solutions, and best practice.
- Perform third-party vendor assessments.
- Lead proof of concept exercises
- Keep up to date with industry and market place evolution; continuously keeping abreast of new developments in technology relevant to Order to Case and SAP S/4 BRIM.
- 10 years in an architect role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Demonstrable deep experience of all aspects of SAP BRIM and related products (such as RAR)
- Specialization in Convergent Mediation or FICA
- Expert Solution Architecture practitioner assumed
- Financial qualifications would be advantageous
- Experience gained in a direct to consumer streaming environment
- SAP RAR, Convergent Invoicing and other products related to BRIM
- Business Architecture framework expertise (such as the BizBok)
- Experience of Solution Architecture principles
- Formal Business Architecture qualifications
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.