Job Summary:As a Visual, UI Designer at Shanghai Disney Resort, you will be dedicated to supporting digital product delivery and function enhancement. You will have an opportunity to participate in the end-to-end design and development process for a variety of different products, such as websites, apps, WeChat, and even physical devices. You can make the most of your creativity and design knowledge to create a first-class experience for our guests. We expect you to bring your unique self and perspective to our team and culture.
- You will work closely with our designers, product owners, and engineers to build high-quality and user-friendly products;
- You will communicate in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs to different lines-of-business effectively;
- You will create presentations and prototypes to communicate with stakeholders to illustrate the design process and strategy visually;
- You will work well autonomously, self-managing and taking ownership of work, from discovery to production, but also able to take direction and work within constraints;
- You will work within brand guidelines to create user interfaces that reinforce a brand’s style and voice through its visual touchpoints;
- You will translate functions and information into emotionally compelling experiences;
- You will create an appealing Visual/UI design based on solid design thinking process and strong understanding of user insights;
- You will deliver first-class user experience that fulfill our guests’ needs and drive business goals.
- 2+ years experiences in UI/UX design, shipping successful consumer products in a fast-paced internet company and technology environment;
- Experienced at leading visual design development and creating strong visual design concept work;
- Expert knowledge of visual, user interface, typography, grid system, interaction design principles, and design process;
- Strong proficiency in Adobe C-Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Sketch, specifically with mobile app design and multimedia presentation;
- Innate passion for learning new software design technologies and trends;
- A portfolio of your work exhibiting design knowledge and skills;
- Strong ability to listen, speak, read, write in English;
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or ideate independently.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.