Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Product Manager of Growth within the Ad Platform technology team at DMED, you will be a part of the team redefining TV advertising. You will be responsible for establishing product strategy, defining requirements consumable for engineering and driving execution to establish the platform’s future. The right person for this role can identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders. This person is ecstatic about tracking and actioning on digital touchpoints throughout the user journey. If you are someone who can drive strategy, create data driven experiences and brings a passion for building the future of advertising technology, at a fast pace, this is the role for you.
- Lead and execute a product vision, strategy and plan for growing our self-service buying platform and its user base.
- Drive an incredible experience from sign-up to the launch of their first ad campaign through a series of feature launches and experiments to incrementally improve and increase efficiencies throughout the self-service user’s journey.
- Participate as a member of a scrum team in Agile development ceremonies including backlog refinement, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap of self-serve advertising innovation for sign up flows, account management, and user management.
- Responsible for management and health of the product backlog, ensuring definition and prioritization is clearly established.
- Set and communicate clear priorities for assigned products based on data-driven goals, market conditions, and customer requirements, and regularly communicate product status to relevant partners.
- Enumerate and identify clear business KPIs, for setting annualized objectives and partnering with GTM and Financial Planning teams to meet our goals.
- Evaluate and recommend investments to grow the financial results of the self-service platform.
- Collaborate with other advertising product managers to ensure broad platform synergy and alignment.
- Build rapport with Marketing and Sales stakeholders to ensure cross team collaboration and partnership on shared projects and priorities
- Minimum of 5+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience, highly preferred from established technology or digital media company.
- 3+ years of experience working with digital video advertising technologies and concepts.
- Strong knowledge of how sales organizations operate and function in media organizations.
- Proven experience and success in a product role with the ability to demonstrate a record of success.
- Highly driven and focused personality who enjoys moving quickly and getting things done.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Experience with self-serve advertising platforms.
- Experience running data-driven tests to quickly validate hypotheses.
- Strong understanding in marketing technologies and the advertising lifecycle from pitch to pay.
- Proficiency with mining and visualizing data (SQL, Tableau, Excel etc)
- Passion for television, Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD), or Over the Top (OTT) industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.