Subscriber Activation is a cross-functional team at Disney Streaming Services with a focus to drive engagement and retention of streaming subscribers via automated messaging and personalization. The team is results driven, data-informed and thoughtful. Members of the team are responsible for determining the set of behaviors that impact retention, implement KPIs to track progress, build the ability to reach subscribers and deliver programs that lift retention. Team initiatives span across subscriber onboarding, automation, upsell, win back, monetization and content engagement.
- Ship and maintain initiatives across subscriber retention, onboarding, winback and monetization
- Act as the day-to-day contact for your responsible programs across Marketing Ops, Product, Product Marketing, Creative and Business Unit partners
- Partner with analytics to develop and deliver on Growth related tests, and to report on key metric(s) and KPIs. Assess the impact of programs on subscriber retention.
- Provide timely status updates, work on business reviews and resourcing meetings with Team leads, product, analytics, content acquisition and integrated marketing organizations
- Communicate wins and learnings across the organization. Act as a subject matter expert in Growth for the purposes of improving engagement and retention across subscriber lifecycle.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, product, or growth from leading organizations
- Strong project management and timeline management skills
- Prior experience in product, analytics or technical organizations
- Experience working with CRM systems. Familiarity with ExactTarget, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys, Iterable, Braze or Responsys a plus
- Prior experience in monthly subscription businesses (OTT, SAAS, Consumer Streaming, Self-Serve B2B)
- Skills around implementing retention and CRM campaigns using a test and optimize strategy
- Knowledge of marketing automation best practices for consumer-facing businesses
- Stays on top of the latest industry developments and trends
- Understanding of laws and regulations affecting lifecycle and retention marketing, including VPPA, GDPR and CAN-SPAM
- 3+ years of experience in Product, Management, consulting, private equity, or business operations at a tech company
- MBA a plus
- Experience presenting to senior leaders
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Graduate degree in a technical or analytical field a plus