We are looking for a Production Accountant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Production Accountant is responsible for working closely with the Senior Post/Development Accountant as well as the Production Finance Executives to manage all aspects of our live action productions while in development, early prep, post production and in maintenance after delivery.
- Process production-specific accounts payable from end to end in production accounting specific Software (EP Global Vista; Cast and Crew PSL)
- Process union and non-union production payrolls of up to 50 crew members spanning multiple productions
- Building out above the line talent payment schedules and administering the payments
- Process and track payroll for talent and crew members on overall deals with Lucasfilm including billing to productions
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable and vendor deposits on both and show specific general ledgers including bill-backs to productions when green-lit
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations with the appropriate supporting documentation
- Work with our colleagues at Disney Studio Controllership to provide forecast deliverables for quarter close and on an ad hoc basis
- Support efforts for process improvements
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the VP, Production Finance and Director(s) of Production Finance
- Ideal candidate would possess a blend of both on-production and in house studio production finance experience
- Strong knowledge of union payroll; experience with SAG and WGA
- 3-5 minimum years experience on large budget tentpole feature films or large scale episodic productions (over $100M)
- Experience working in multiple currencies and in multiple countries
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- A calm, approachable personality especially when dealing with high profile talent
- Self-motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to contribute to the team and Company’s success
- A desire to work seamlessly within a strong team in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maturity to handle confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, SAP, Global Vista and PSL
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related preferred or commensurate industry experience.