Job Summary:The Sustainment Specialist will plan and execute system sustainment activities including operating system image management, vulnerability scanning, and user access management activities. This person will help define standards, partner with the business to understand their requirements, and create and execute plans against those requirements and standards.
- Partners with the technical teams to ensure technical standards and best practices are followed in deployment of new infrastructure
- Partners with business users to understand their requirements to support the deployment of new infrastructure
- Develops and maintains physical and virtual desktop images, standardizing the environment where possible
- Understands multiple operating systems
- Plans the execution of regular sustainment activities, including coordination of timing of those activities with the impacted business areas and technical teams
- Supports and participates in network and system sustainment projects as needed including image management, vulnerability scanning, and user access management
- Partners with key vendor partners to ensure deployments and updates are aligned with vendor standards and practices
- Operating system imaging and deployment experience across a variety of operating systems at an enterprise level
- Vulnerability management experience at an enterprise level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical experience:
- Windows OS Deployments
- Networking Basics (Layer 1 -3)
- Scripting: Power Shell, VBScript, Python
- VMWARE (ESX)
- AWS Certified
- Azure Certified
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.