ABC News is hiring an Production Manager for Good Morning America.
Responsibilities:This position coordinates daily show operations for GMA, GMA3 and Weekend GMA including control room coverage, daily broadcast setup, and studio and remote production management. The Production Manager works closely with the Director, Producers, Logistics Desk and Network Acquisition Center to schedule appropriate studio and remote crew and facilities to support the changing show needs. The position is responsible for coordinating closely with production staff to maintain budgetary control for daily operations as well as manage all show special events.
The position requires field work which can include travel to supervise remote production operations.
This is a 7 day per week operation that requires early morning, weekend and evening shifts as well as responding to breaking news.
- Minimum 3 years in a live broadcast News environment.
- Extensive background in live studio and field television production as well as familiarity with the latest television broadcast technologies.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and multi-task are key
- Strong organizational skills
- Budgeting and financial skills also required
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.