This position is responsible for the daily creation of on-air graphics for multiple productions, provides basic After Effects animation support as directed, formats imagery for ESPN Image Management System, and provides creative support on longer-term projects as individual abilities enable. This is a hands-on position needing strong ability to learn quickly and collaborate with others while also being able to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines to maintain the quality of ESPN on-air product.
- Utilizes Adobe software to create designs and animations for ESPN productions.
- Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
- Prepares image files for programs and maintains ESPN Image Management System (IMS).
- Proactively collaborates within the ESPN Creative Services group to contribute on longer-term initiatives.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department.
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Strong hands-on Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Must work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) and may be required to travel, as assignments or training necessitate.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Project position slated for 10-months (end date of 3/12/22)
- Hands-on experience with Adobe After Effects
- Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
- Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent