Job Summary:The Project Manager will work hand-in-hand with our 21CF and Disney stakeholders, managing the projects involving the global technology stack across all of the DMED Technology systems and services.
The role requires the ability to take initiative and work with demanding clients under tight deadlines while working at the highest quality and thinking beyond the scope of each task. Communicating of complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and leadership. It is a highly dynamic environment and requires an agile, dextrous mind to assimilate complex technical information quickly and apply creative thinking and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, report and summarise the progress of the project.
The successful candidate will work directly with stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and aligned. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Program Delivery Lead and will contribute to enhancing the department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document requirements
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop detailed comprehensive project plans to share with clients and stakeholders to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proven experience of broadcast eco-system tools and technology - Playout & distribution, Broadcast Management Systems and Application interfaces, Media Asset Management (MAM), Digital Asset Management (DAM), Rights Management, Transcoding and relevant Workflows.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking is a must
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Project & Program Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is desirable
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team
- Positive attitude to towards learning, sharing and mentoring
- Extremely organised with excellent communications skills and attention to detail
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm
- Confident when communicating with SMEs, Developers, Engineers and production
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.