Job Summary:The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department’s responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
Quality of Experience, at its core, is a measure of the end-to-end performance at the service level from the user’s perspective. The QE team strives to quantify the overall acceptability and service experience of an application that is live, in-store, in-market, in production. Leveraging online video analytics, proxy, and automation tools is key to this end goal.
Focusing on web, mobile and connected device clients - across a large suite of media products - the DSS QE Operator Assist is responsible for troubleshooting live (and VOD) audio/video playback and data issues. Will work hand in hand with Media Operations teams to deliver quality control of live web and in app video streaming and data to front end users.
The team provides 24/7 operational support for all live events and works to help diagnose issues across platforms in the production environment. Escalating client and application issues/bugs to development teams as well as intense issue tracking and daily reporting are required tasks.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a great work ethic and strong communication skills. They must have an extreme dedication to detail. A strong knowledge of mobile and connected devices and some technical knowledge of the video streaming process is preferred.
This is a part time position being offered from New York.
- Basic understanding of DTD SOP & fundamental principles of QE
- Responsible for navigating client apps; feature testing, bug notification in prod
- Responsible for updating app builds across clients
- Understands escalation process and procedures
- Responsible for new build release checklists
- Responsible for issue discovery, initial troubleshooting, escalation & notation
- Responsible for confirming playback of live events
- Responsible for ad playback verification across relevant platforms
- Responsible for sanity checks, or any other ad-hoc requests from team leads/senior level operators
- Responsible for acknowledgement and initial response to error alerts (reproducing issue)
- Flexible hours, but must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Availability and willingness to work up to 28 hours per week.
- Must own their own computer with internet connectivity and the ability to stream digital OTT content.
- Strong understanding of computer programs and applications.
- Strong understanding of mobile/connected device platforms and applications and device troubleshooting/debugging.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- A solid computer and technical background with experience working in new media and online organizations.
- Familiarity with proxy tools such as Charles and Fiddler for data capture and client/product debugging in real-time.
- Familiarity with online video analytics tools such as Conviva software.
- Familiarity with automation tools and Jenkins automation server
- Familiarity with JSON, XML, and other data files
- Interest in sports and OTT content and digital networks and a desire to work in the digital media industry.
- A team player, with an enthusiastic, congenial, and committed performance as an employee.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.